Did you mean: 

Slow add AcadTable Entity

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
WideSky
459 Views, 3 Replies

Slow add AcadTable Entity

It is very slow during I add an AcadTable (Rows 200, Cols 11) and fill it with some texts using VBA. Who can help me?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: WideSky

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com!

>> It is very slow during I add an AcadTable [...] using VBA

First there is a special forum for AutoCAD and VBA >>>there<<<.

And for your current question: show your code (or make a small sample code that creates a table with dummy data ... upload that code and give us the info, how long it uses on your workstation and how long you think it's allowed to use?

Very important: let us know what version of AutoCAD you are working with and if it's 32bit or 64bit.

Otherwise others might see "it's fast, what's the problem" with their own code, and you think that is slow ... or your code can be modified to run faster ... or ... (lot more possibilities, but only with code, otherwise we are guessing the next year or two) 😉

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
WideSky
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you very much for your reply!
I took a photo for you because I have no authority to use office internet. The objects in arrays "objEntityVal?? and "objEntityAcc" May be up to 200. If the amounts of these objects is more than 100, it spend at least 10 minites. I can not bear so slow speed. I have tried many mathods but no any effects.
Now I am studying .net API. I want to try multi-thread to solve it though it is not a good alternative I think.
Many thanks again!

Best Wishes,
WideSky
Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: WideSky

Hi,

>> Now I am studying .net API. I want to try multi-thread to solve it

To make the step to dotNET is a good step as it does not have the 32bit limitation (for AutoCAD 2012).

Just as info: for 2014 and 2015 the VBA is based on version 7 and that has a real 64bit implementation (making access to AutoCAD 64bit faster).

Add "multi threading": AutoCAD itself is a single threaded application and that means that you can't access the drawing database multi-threaded (at least for write actions).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost