AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

MKMAX
Message 1 of 4 (232 Views)

sheet titleblock template problem

232 Views, 3 Replies
04-23-2012 12:40 AM

hi,guys,

I already build sheet system ,and I found when I revise titleblock template,my sheet not update automatic,I must creat new sheet,and double-click it to open it, then you can see update,who know why?

*Expert Elite*
PaulMunford
Message 2 of 4 (210 Views)

Re: sheet titleblock template problem

04-23-2012 05:37 AM in reply to: MKMAX

Just like in ordinary AutoCAD, the sheet set template file has no link to the sheet set drawing file. 

Only the feilds in the sheet set drawing are linked to the sheet set manager file (DST).

You could link the drawing file to the template file using X-ref's, but you would need to make sure that the sheet set manager fields are independant of the X-ref'd title block.

Does that help?

CSO

The CAD Setter Out Blog @CadSetterOut

Inventor Surfacing | AutoCAD | CAD Standards

Please use the Mark Solutions! Accept as Solution or Give Kudos! Kudos functions - Thank you!
MKMAX
Message 3 of 4 (201 Views)

04-23-2012 07:33 AM in reply to: MKMAX

thx for your reply,but when I xref titleblock.dwg file into template.dwt file, when I creat a new sheet and double-click it,the titleblock not appear in paperspace,just have some text show the path of tilteblock,it`s seem the X-ref link losted,I don`t know why.

*Expert Elite*
PaulMunford
Message 4 of 4 (176 Views)

04-23-2012 11:57 PM in reply to: MKMAX

You might need to change the Path type:

http://cadtips.cadalyst.com/import/xref-path-absolute-vs-relative

CSO

The CAD Setter Out Blog @CadSetterOut

Inventor Surfacing | AutoCAD | CAD Standards

Please use the Mark Solutions! Accept as Solution or Give Kudos! Kudos functions - Thank you!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.