Did you mean: 

sheet sets and fields in multiple layouts not working correctly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jdathela
281 Views, 2 Replies

sheet sets and fields in multiple layouts not working correctly

Hello community, 

I'm having an issue with sheet sets and fields in drawings with multiple layouts not working properly. I've set up the sheet set and populated it with layouts from multiple dwg files. Additionally, some dwg files contain multiple layouts that are included in the sheet set. The issue is that I've tried using fields in the layouts, but some of the fields are not accurate. If I select text in a layout and open the fields dialog box, then select the field I want that text to become, sometimes the text in the layout becomes the wrong text. 

For example, I have plan.dwg that contains Layout 1 and Layout 2. In Layout 1 I select the text containing the name of the sheet, hit CTRL+F, and select CurrentSheetTitle from the Field Names. The text in Layout 1 is replaced by the current sheet title and all is right with the world. Then, if I switch to Layout 2 and do the same thing, the text in Layout 2 is replaced with the appropriate values for Layout 1. This same behavior is happening with the CurrentSheetNumber field. 

I've tried right clicking the sheet in the SSM and using the Rename & Renumber Sheet option. Curiously both the "Number", "Sheet Title", and the "Layout Name" display the correct values for Layout 2, but the actual text in Layout 2 displays the value for Layout 1. I've also tried starting a new Sheet Set, but the same thing happens. 

I'm a long time ACAD user, but relatively new to the SSM so I hope I've described it clearly. Any ideas what could be causing this? 

Thanks for the help. 

Cheers. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
doni49
in reply to: jdathela

Are your fields in block(s) or plain ol' text?  All our fields are in blocks (as attributes) and we've never had a problem with them.  I don't know what it would do if they were in plain text (or MText).

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 3
doni49
in reply to: doni49

Here's a sample dwg in which I have a title block/border containing fields that reference the SSM file.  I've also included the SSM file for you.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost