Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting ucs in floating viewport

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Predator_mpm
459 Views, 0 Replies

Setting ucs in floating viewport

I am trying to set the ucs in a floating viewport, but it is not working. I dont know what I am missing.

I checked the developers guide, but the example there is for tiled viewports and it didnt work when using it on floating viewports, especially the method of the editor UpdateTiledViewportsFromDatabase(), I am wondering if there is a similar method to be used when dealing with floating viewports.

'' Set the UCS current 
acVportTblRec.SetUcs(acUCSTblRec.ObjectId) 
acDoc.Editor.UpdateTiledViewportsFromDatabase()

The code below shows how do I create a new UCS and try to set it to a viewport, but unfortunately it is not working, I am sure the problem is in the viewport because the UCSs are being created and i check them in autocad and they exist, but they are not attached to the viewport.

'Open the existing viewport
            Dim exvpobjid As ObjectId = templyt.GetViewports(1)
            Dim exVport As Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Viewport = TryCast(acTrans.GetObject(exvpobjid, OpenMode.ForRead), Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Viewport)

'Open the viewport to be copied 
            Dim vpobjid As ObjectId = newLayout.GetViewports(1)
            Dim Vport As Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Viewport = TryCast(acTrans.GetObject(vpobjid, OpenMode.ForWrite), Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Viewport)
            Vport.CopyFrom(exVport)

'Open the UCS table for read
            Dim acUCSTbl As UcsTable = acTrans.GetObject(acCurdb.UcsTableId, OpenMode.ForRead)

'Check to see if the New UCS table record exists
            Dim acUCSTblRec As UcsTableRecord
            If acUCSTbl.Has("Layout" & lytcounter & "-UCS") = False Then
                acUCSTblRec = New UcsTableRecord()
                acUCSTblRec.Name = "Layout" & lytcounter & "-UCS"
                'Open the UCSTable for write
                acUCSTbl.UpgradeOpen()
                acUCSTbl.Add(acUCSTblRec)
                acTrans.AddNewlyCreatedDBObject(acUCSTblRec, True)
            Else
                acUCSTblRec = acTrans.GetObject(acUCSTbl("Layout" & lytcounter & "-UCS"), OpenMode.ForWrite)
            End If

Dim acPol As Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Polyline = TryCast(acTrans.GetObject(prop.objid, OpenMode.ForRead), Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Polyline)
            Dim origin As Point3d = New Point3d(acPol.GetPoint2dAt(0).X, acPol.GetPoint2dAt(0).Y, 0)
            acUCSTblRec.Origin = origin
            Dim xaxis As Vector3d = New Vector3d(acPol.GetPoint2dAt(1).X - acPol.GetPoint2dAt(0).X, acPol.GetPoint2dAt(1).Y - acPol.GetPoint2dAt(0).Y, 0)
            acUCSTblRec.XAxis = xaxis
            Dim yaxis As Vector3d = New Vector3d(acPol.GetPoint2dAt(3).X - acPol.GetPoint2dAt(0).X, acPol.GetPoint2dAt(3).Y - acPol.GetPoint2dAt(0).Y, 0)
            acUCSTblRec.YAxis = yaxis
            Dim height As Double
            Dim width As Double
            height = Math.Sqrt(Math.Pow((acPol.GetPoint2dAt(0).X - acPol.GetPoint2dAt(1).X), 2) + Math.Pow((acPol.GetPoint2dAt(0).Y - acPol.GetPoint2dAt(1).Y), 2))
            width = Math.Sqrt(Math.Pow((acPol.GetPoint2dAt(0).X - acPol.GetPoint2dAt(3).X), 2) + Math.Pow((acPol.GetPoint2dAt(0).Y - acPol.GetPoint2dAt(3).Y), 2))
            If height > width Then
                Dim tmp As Double = height
                height = width
                width = tmp
            End If

Vport.On = True
            Vport.SetUcs(acUCSTblRec.ObjectId)
            Vport.UpdateDisplay()

Any ideas?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost