AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
Poncholarpez
Message 1 of 10 (835 Views)

Set psltscale per linetype

835 Views, 9 Replies
05-16-2012 11:30 PM

Hello,

I am wanting a soultion to a problem I am having when trying to have a combination of linetypes I either want psltscaled or not in a view port.

I.e. I want services linetypes to use psltscale = 1 and I want my linemarking linetypes to use a psltscale = 0, as I need the linemarking linetypes to show in the viewport at the original size they were created at but not the services linetypes as they look horrible.

OR, is this a case for using overrules?

Thanks

Peter

*Expert Elite*
Bob_Zurunkle
Message 2 of 10 (814 Views)

Re: Set psltscale per linetype

05-17-2012 09:41 AM in reply to: Poncholarpez

Linetypes are annotative to begin with, and setting PSLTSCALE to 1 is what allows the same linetype to look the same scale across several viewports of differing scales. You are looking for some linetypes to actually appear larger in some viewports yet smaller in others? You can't mix results but you can have multiple copies of a line, each on a different layer, and override the linetype scale of each...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted :smileyhappy:
Contributor
Poncholarpez
Message 3 of 10 (797 Views)

05-17-2012 05:03 PM in reply to: Poncholarpez

Thanks For your reply Bob,

Yes what I require is a property for certain objects or layers to be able to tell them that I dont want them to be annotative. Surely if they are set by default to being annotative then I can also tell them not to be annotative?

When including linemarking for roads projects in a drawing, you need the linespacing to be displayed in the viewport as it displays in the model (i.e. no scaling of the spaces and dashes)

This wouldnt be so much of a problem if you could only set psltscale per viewport as then i would simply turn it off in the linemarking drawings.

Surely a simply object property would be better, simpler and quicker than creating a whole bunch layers with scaled line types? My way above would make it automated instead of having to put linetypes on different layers in different viewports?

If anyone from autodesk or anyone else has a work around or a hardcode for this please let me know. Even if theres some way of setting it in the .lin file that you dont want it to be annotative, that would be great.

Thanks

Peter

*Pro
nestly
Message 4 of 10 (793 Views)

05-17-2012 05:46 PM in reply to: Poncholarpez

Perhaps add more linetype definitions scaled according to your viewport scales, and assign them by viewport to counter-act PSLTSCALEing.

For example, if you created a new linetype called "Dashed_10X" and made it so the pen up/pen down distances were 10 times as large as the standard  "DASHED" linetype, it would display the same in a 1:10 viewport as "DASHED" does at 1:1

Contributor
Poncholarpez
Message 5 of 10 (786 Views)

05-17-2012 07:27 PM in reply to: Poncholarpez

Thanks for your comments,

Yeah, that is what is currently happening at the moment(as above comment), having different scaled linetypes for different views. It becomes a real pain when you have plans and detail at a few different scales throughout your whole drawing set. It would be easier to just be able to tell the string that you either do or do not want it scaled. Either in the layer manager or by the objects properties.

Thanks anyway

Peter

Contributor
Poncholarpez
Message 6 of 10 (781 Views)

05-17-2012 09:36 PM in reply to: Poncholarpez

Can anyone tell me how I apply ObjectARX Referencing? Specifically the SetForceAnnoAllVisable routine?

Can be found here http://docs.autodesk.com/ACDMAC/2012/ENU/ObjectARX%20Reference/index.html?frmname=topic&frmfile=%21%...

Im assuming this will let me force the linetype scale to be 1:1 for this object (polylines that have linemarking linetypes associated with them) regardless of the psltscaling?

Any help

Thanks

Peter

Spoiler

Distinguished Mentor
Moshe-A
Message 7 of 10 (777 Views)

05-17-2012 11:48 PM in reply to: Poncholarpez

Peter,

SetForceAnnoAllVisable() function in ObjectARX effect only annotative objects

linetypes are not annotative objects

try google and find a lisp that can explode linetypes

here some links:-

http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/how-to-explode-linetypes-to-dashes-tip6804

http://cadpanacea.com/node/121

Cheers

Moshe

Contributor
Poncholarpez
Message 8 of 10 (771 Views)

05-18-2012 03:36 AM in reply to: Poncholarpez

Thanks Moshe

That seems like a OK work around.

I am curious though, almost all searches on google come up with annotative linetypes? Therefore the ObjectARX should work?

Cheers

Peter

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 9 of 10 (761 Views)

05-18-2012 05:54 AM in reply to: Poncholarpez

By chance would setting individual object linetype scale settings be what you seek (as an alternate to your current solution)?

Select an object, open PROPERTIES, and set the LINETYPE SCALE (third from the top) to something other than 1.

Also explore CELTSCALE variable.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Contributor
Poncholarpez
Message 10 of 10 (757 Views)

05-18-2012 06:07 AM in reply to: pendean

Thanks Pendean,

No, not really trying to set a scale, rather I need turn that objects ability to scale off completely.

Thanks

Peter

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.