Did you mean: 

Selecting overlapping objects using Crossing selection

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
260 Views, 2 Replies

Selecting overlapping objects using Crossing selection

I am using autocad 2011.

I have created a basic cube and i want to start crossing selection in 3d wireframe by clicking in the square box visible in front view.

But instead of starting crossing it selects the cube.

In Autocad 2006 this was never a problem. How can i get the same selection settings of Autocad 2006 in Autocad 2011?

Also when you want to select the nearest point on the edges of the box it tends to select some 3d point in the cube rather than selecting a point on the edge. In Autocad 2006 it would never select any 3d point. How can i avoid this?

Please Help.

Sid

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I have created a basic cube and i want to start crossing selection in 3d wireframe by clicking in the square box visible in front view.

But instead of starting crossing it selects the cube.

Also when you want to select the nearest point on the edges of the box it tends to select some 3d point in the cube rather than selecting a point on the edge. .... How can i avoid this?

For the first one, try specifying the Crossing method [type a C] before your first pick.  [If you're already doing that, I wonder whether your picking device is faulty, and is registering two picks when you press it only once.]  Also, what is the cube: a 3DSolid? Six 3DFaces? Six [2D] Solids? 12 Lines? A Polyface mesh? Etc.

For the second, I'm not quite sure what you mean, but are you specifying Nearest object snap?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Hi thanks. I solved it. I had to change to 2d wireframe and it's working fine.
For the second one I changed power snap settings and it works fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost