Message 1 of 11
Wheelie22
2513 Views, 10 Replies

Select Table = Line Weight to max.

How can I change this :

TABLE.png

Unselected           -            Selected

Can I make this line a bit thinner ?

It's a kind of highlight but makes the table unreadable.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
dmfrazier
in reply to: Wheelie22

If this is the "border" around an individual cell, try right-clicking while the cell is selected and choosing "Borders" from the menu.  I would guess the lineweight setting is bumped up.  I think the default is "ByBlock".

To affect the entire table, it may be necessary to modify the table style.

Message 3 of 11
Wheelie22
in reply to: dmfrazier

Not "an individual cell" but the whole table border. It's only when selecting, if you unselect it's thin again.
Message 4 of 11
dmfrazier

This "border" is supposed to display the row and column labels, so it has to be fairly wide, but the labels don't appear in the image you posted. It appears that the table must have been defined with a Table Indicator Color that (somehow) matches the color of the labels.

Try this: select the table, right-click, select Table Indicator Color from the menu, and change it to a clearly different color (maybe one from the Index Color tab).  You may have to de-select and re-select the table to see the change.

Message 5 of 11
Wheelie22
in reply to: dmfrazier

I changed the Table Indicator Color to yellow and got this with 2 differend tables in 1 drawing :

TABLE1.png

So with the first it works as you say but the other 1 has another thick line inside. Has this to do with the Excel file cell properties connected to this table ?

Smiley Frustrated

Ok the first 1 is a table that is not linked to excel but the second is linked, but why these extra thick lines ?

Message 6 of 11
dmfrazier

Sounds like you're on to something...

I have no experience with the linked variety of AutoCAD tables, so hopefully someone who has will offer some assistance.

Message 7 of 11
Wheelie22

Acad help :

TABLE2.png

Its a Linked data indicator, but this command has no info on how to change the thickness. Its not changed by the line type scale or lineweight of the layer that its in.

Message 8 of 11
Wheelie22

I can scale it to :

THICK LINE.PNG

I know it for sure, the table is my most favorite object ! (not) Smiley Frustrated

I updated 2 tables in the same xls, 1 updates perfect, the othe 1 gets 10 times smaler. Same table style, nice.... 

Message 9 of 11
Wheelie22

If I do a properties override it gets a lot smaller !

<Smiley jumping high into the sky>

This could be a solution but I'm gonna test it some more.

Message 10 of 11
makatski

HEY... check your 'text style' I had my current text style at 9" height in paper space which made my borders thick. I deleted my table and datalink. reestablished my 'text style' for 'table-use' only and put TEXT HEIGHT at 0". i set that as 'current' then set up the datalink then the table and VOILA the idiotic THICK border is gone. try that. it worked for me just now and i'm SUPER happy.

Message 11 of 11
Wheelie22
in reply to: makatski

No.. Purged all styles, changed the heigth of all styles to 0, but still :

table.PNG

And if you edit 1 cell :

1cell.PNG

Dear acad programmer, is there a solution for this ? A setvar would be nice "TABLE-EDIT-THICKNESS=0".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost