AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Arpuros
Message 1 of 13 (1,009 Views)

Scriptpro: DWG to PDF printing Job

1009 Views, 12 Replies
06-19-2012 07:53 AM

Hi all,

I have lots of DWG files which I would like to convert to PDF. I guess this is not difficult at all with Scriptpro. However, I would like to know how to:

Include in the script file (.SCR) a .CTB file so that the print is made in that way.

Create a Job so that Scriptpro runs once a day over all the .DWG files located in 1 directory.

Is all these possible?

I can use either Windows XP 32 bit, Windows 7 32bit and Windows 7 64 bit. My version o Autocad Mechanical is 2011.

Thank you very much.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 13 (994 Views)

Re: Scriptpro: DWG to PDF printing Job

06-19-2012 10:14 AM in reply to: Arpuros

Why not use PUBLISH that's aleady built into AutoCAD/Mech 2011?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Arpuros
Message 3 of 13 (975 Views)

06-19-2012 11:54 PM in reply to: Arpuros

Thanks for your answer.

I am not an expertise in the use of autocad (much a beginner though). But as far as I am concerned, PUBLISH will allow me to print a set of DWG in PDF. Ok, but later? how could I manage to print all the DWG in one folder once a day with that .CTB? as a programmed task?

Thanks in advance.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 13 (963 Views)

06-21-2012 05:41 AM in reply to: Arpuros

PUBLISH will let you save a plot job with a custom name: open it and run on your way out of the office :smileyhappy:

PUBLISH works like PLOT: either set up each pagesetup correctly in each file and tab you wish to plot, or use PUBLISH command's ability to assign a predefined pagesetup to use. That covers CTB use.

Start HELP and explore it in detail, and practice: there is a lot of basics you need to catch up on. Post back and ask specific questions when you get stuck on something.

Arpuros
Message 5 of 13 (940 Views)

06-25-2012 12:55 AM in reply to: Arpuros

Good Morning,

Ok, I went through Publish Options and realized that I can create a pagesetup file and later assign it to every DWG i want to conert into PDF. However I came across with one question. Why do I have to assign it manually? is it not possible for CAD to do it automatically?, I mean, if i have to generate PDF-s from 5000 DWG, is it neccessary for me to go one by one assigning that pagesetup? and do the same everyday I leave the office?

On the other hand, i find another problem with the pagesetup, once I close Autocad, the pagesetup deletes, and i don't know why.

Thanks in advance!

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 6 of 13 (933 Views)

06-25-2012 06:27 AM in reply to: Arpuros

How would AutoCAD, on it's own, know which pagesetups to assign? And which are there for temporary use?

What method do you use to create a DWG file and a layout?

Are you taking the extra step of saving Publish jobs?

Are you using SSM?

Arpuros
Message 7 of 13 (927 Views)

06-25-2012 06:39 AM in reply to: pendean

Hi,

Well what I would like to do is to convert, let's say, 2000 DWG files into PDF files. So I was looking for a method for not having to assign the same pagesetup to earch file I will convert with PUBLISH. 2000 times doing the same is crazy...

I use the SSM and I set there my printing preferences.

I think the "saving publish job" function is no use for me since I will convert different DWG-s each time I make use of the PUBLISH function.

In summary, what I would like to do is to convert lots of DWG-s in an easy way using the same .CTB file. What is a trouble for me is having to put to each DWG the same pagesetup (which includes my CTB file). I am looking for some way to make all these tasks easier.

Thanks for your answers.

*Expert Elite*
M_Hensley
Message 8 of 13 (919 Views)

06-25-2012 12:13 PM in reply to: Arpuros

You don't have to apply the page setup to each drawing individually. In the publish dialog box after you have selected all the drawings to plot, just pick on the first drawing in the list. Press CTRL+A to highlight all drawings. Now under page setup pick the down arrow and select a page setup from the list. You can also select import to use a page setup from another drawing. This page setup will now be applied to every drawing for this publish event only.

Arpuros
Message 9 of 13 (906 Views)

06-25-2012 11:57 PM in reply to: M_Hensley

Ok thank you! I will try it later and tell you if it worked!

Arpuros
Message 10 of 13 (895 Views)

06-26-2012 08:48 AM in reply to: Arpuros

Hi again,

It doesn't allow me to do that. Please have look at the printscreens I attach.

Any other idea?

Thanks

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.