Screening without color

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Autobadd
366 Views, 8 Replies

Screening without color

Hello all.  Another noobie question...

Is there any way to screen parts of a drawing other than using colors?  For instance Microstation can screen using fences. 

Basically I have one file of line work I am referencing into my sheet file.  This line work consists of around 40 streets for a construction project.  I need to be able to show where each street is according to surrounding city blocks.  The idea is to have the street being worked on as being bold and surrounding streets screened out.  Is there any way to do this aside from making each street its own file?

Sorry I am not very good at describing things...

And thanks in advance for any help or insights!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dgorsman
in reply to: Autobadd

Screened, as in plotting half-tone/quarter-tone?  That gets set up in CTB or STB plot styles, depending on how the drawing is configured.  Doing that on-screen without affecting printing is a little more involved as it can affect printing (with CTB more than STB).  For example, you can change the fade level for XREFs, and/or override the colors for the XREF-dependant layers in the host drawing.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 9
pendean

Is this for printing purposes, or monitor display purposes? Or both?

If every street was on it's own layer, you could control each own that way using what is available in LAYER command (linetypes, color, plot styles,lineweights etc.)
Message 4 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

what about using the transparency option?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 9
Autobadd

Lets put it this way...

Say I have a magenta circle.  Is there any way I can have half of the circle screened to 30% after plotting?  Aside from cutting the circle in half and making half magenta and the other half a screened color...

TY for the responses!

Message 6 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

one circle can only have one property, so one circle with 2 colors is not possible.

You might now draw an object that's color is white and that's (layers-)transparency is e.g. 60% and place this object above a half of your circle. If it's a hatch of type SOLID or a polyline with polyline-width, it's up to you.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 9
Autobadd
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Okay.  I was just hoping there was a way to screen something by placing a screening layer of some sort over it instead of having to break my drawing into so many different pieces.

Thank you for your help.

Message 8 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I was just hoping there was a way to screen something by placing a screening layer of some sort over it

Did you follow my suggestions? I didn't speak about breaking anything in your drawing, did I?

Or was my post bad to understand?

Create a layer with color white and transparency 60%

Create any filled object onto that layer in the size of the area you want to have faded.

Finished, I didn't break your circle.

2013-06-13 18-49-47.png

...see also the attached drawing, in that case a polyline with width is created on a layer with truecolor white and transparency.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 9
Autobadd
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Actually I guess I didn't understand but now I do!  I think this will work Alfred.  Thank you!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost