Did you mean: 

Repathing ECW's to no path

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
brianivery
286 Views, 2 Replies

Repathing ECW's to no path

I have a group of files that were dxf’d in to AutoCAD. The files have accompanying ECW’s that I need to have attached with no path. The ECW’s are in the same file folder as the drawing files and can be accessed and managed in the Xref Manager. My goal is to avoid detaching and reattaching each ECW, because their georeferencing functionality dictates that they all have different insertion points as opposed to xref’s who in general are inserted at 0,0. To the best of my knowledge the normal repathing procedure performed on xref’s in the Xref Manger  dialogue box is ineffective in efforts of repathing ECW’s.

Thanks in advance

Brian Ivery

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

>> a group of files that were dxf’d in to AutoCAD

if you have the DXF you might open the DXF in notepad++ (or any other ascii-editor that can handle large files), within the editor search for the path of the ecw-file and use the search/replace function to replace the full-path against ".\".

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3

All I can say is wow! I really appreciate your help. Not only did that answer my question regarding repathing but it also opene up other doors of great possibilities.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost