AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

woziq
Message 1 of 3 (1,595 Views)
Accepted Solution

Regen in layout viewport does not work

1595 Views, 2 Replies
05-08-2012 02:12 PM

Hello everyone

My layers in layout viewport are displayed in wrong order even after I use REGEN or REGENALL command. 

I am working with drawing file with quite big amount of layers (about 100+ including layers of 7 xrefs) and because I want to use different layer settings for each printed drawing I work directly in the layout viewports instead of model space so I don't have to switch on/off countless layers all the time. \

The problem is that quite often layers just turn into wrong draw order and don't come back even if I hit REGEN or REGENALL command. To solve this I have to zoom out, jump out of the viewport by doubleklick outside, use REGENALL command and then jump back to viewport so I can keep on working. This is extremely time consuming especially if it happens every 3 minutes, over and over again. 

Does anyone have the same or similar problem? Maybe some tips for variables or settings to try? Thanks

Read up on DRAWORDERCTL in help, and set SORTENTS to 51 (or 127).

*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 2 of 3 (1,592 Views)

Re: Regen in layout viewport does not work

05-08-2012 04:03 PM in reply to: woziq

Read up on DRAWORDERCTL in help, and set SORTENTS to 51 (or 127).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
woziq
Message 3 of 3 (1,576 Views)

Re: Regen in layout viewport does not work

05-10-2012 02:50 AM in reply to: GrantsPirate

Seems to work perfectly, thanks :smileyhappy:

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!