Did you mean: 

Reference Manager

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
alex_b
1347 Views, 26 Replies

Reference Manager

Hi

I wonder if the RM can be used in reverse, i.e. to find which drawings reference a certain file.

Or is there another tool for this?

Thanks

alex

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
Patchy
in reply to: alex_b

ADCenter can be used to find a drawing is being referenced into other drawings.

Message 3 of 27
alex_b
in reply to: Patchy

Thank you Patchy.

I have to find a lot of xrefs in a lot of files, so I was hoping for a more powerful tool.

The ADC can search for one file at a time, and no control over the folders to search in.

Well, probably that's life.

alex

Message 4 of 27
abubakars

Please check the below link for a workaround

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010-2011-2012-DWG/Finding-all-jpg-references-in-drawings/td-p...

You can use the same steps which I have given in the above link but to use the command "Xref-Detach_Reload_unload"

You can add multiple commands to search for multiple xref file, give it a try and let me know

In the new version of the tool which is yet to be released will have commands added for this kind of operations

Xref-Unload.PNG

Message 5 of 27
abubakars

Are you still looking for a solution, I have a command "Xref - Is Referenced" for Xref and Image as below but are working with AutoCAD 2013/2014

if you are really interested then I could compile for AutoCAD 2012 but I could not go to lowet than 2012, please let me know.

Is exist-Xref.PNGIs exist-Xref.PNG

Message 6 of 27
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: abubakars

Compile for 2012 please.
Lisa

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 7 of 27
abubakars
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

OK, I will send it to your mail once completed

Message 8 of 27
alex_b

Yes, I am very much interested, please do.

Thanks

alex

Message 9 of 27
abubakars

Hi Alex and Lisa,

I have attached a Zip contains BatchInDatabase application which is compatible with AutoCAD/Verticals 2012 64-bit

This is a work in progress version which has below additional commands added including "Xref-Is Referenced" and "Image-Is Referenced" commands

I have not updated the help file yet which will be done some times soon.

Steps for applying this update

1. Browse to folder "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\CADManagerTools BatchIndatabase.bundle\Contents\2012"

2. Rename the original file "BatchInDatabase2012_64.dll" to "BatchInDatabase2012_64_org.dll"

3. Extract the zip file and copy to the above mentioned location and make sure the About dialog shows the Build no. 1.1.0.6

Cheers,

Abubakars

Additional New commands interface

Attribute Update By custom Data.PNG

Page setup None.PNG

Page setup import.PNG

Message 10 of 27
abubakars

Hi Alex and Lisa,

It is Mid night here in middle east and will respond your queries, if any, tomorrow.

Happy New Year and happy Holidays.

Cheers

Abubakars

Message 11 of 27
alex_b

Hi Abubakars,

Is there a 32-bit version?

Thank you

alex

Message 12 of 27
abubakars

Hi Alex,

I have attached the AutoCAD 2012 32-bit compatible version, as requested.

Please download the original version from BatchInDatabase and install then send your license key request to make the initial version into full version

I have attached the "Product Registration Process" document for reference

Cheers

Abubakars

Message 13 of 27
alex_b

Hi Abubakars,

In AutoCAD 2012 I'm getting the following error message:

"Cannot load assembly. Error details: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not
load file or assembly 'file:///C:\My Documents\BatchInDatabase2012.dll' or one
of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the
currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded."

Could be that you compile against 2014 libs, or in VS 2010 or use NET 4.0?

Thanks

alex

Message 14 of 27
abubakars

Yes, i use NET 4.0 library and belive that AutoCAD 2012 support NET 4 .0 and I have attached NET 3.5 and hope this will work with your system

Abubakars

Message 15 of 27
alex_b

Hi Abubakars,

I'm sorry but it still won't load; same error.

Any ideas?

BTW, I downloaded and installed it also from the site, it installed itself in the Autocad2012 menu, but when clicking the menu item it says:

CMT_BID Unknown command "CMT_BID". It seems the dll doesn't load, so the command is not there.

Where does it install itself (on disk and in registry)?

alex

Message 16 of 27
abubakars

Hi Alex, The installer install under the below location "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\CADManagerTools BatchIndatabase.bundle\Contents\2012" Rename the original file "BatchInDatabase2012.dll" to some other name or "BatchInDatabase2012_org.dll" and copy the NET 3.5 to that folder and the ribbon should load the application or manually load by NETLOAD command , boowse to the above location and load"BatchInDatabase2012.dll". I do not have 32 bit install at present to check and sorry for the inconvenience.

I am just curios, does any one is facing issues in running 64-bit AutoCAD 2012?

Abubakars

Message 17 of 27
alex_b

Hi Abubakars,

I followed the procedure above and the ribbon loads it OK.

Strangely, trying to load the dll with NETLOAD fails. Is it dependent on BatchInDatabaseMonitor.exe?

BTW, the install path is a bit diferrent than you wrote:

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\CADManagerTools BatchIndatabase.bundle\Contents\2012

Anyway, GREAT app.

Thanks

alex

Message 18 of 27
abubakars

Yes, It starts BatchInDatabaseMonitor.exe during the batch operation

The batch process is monitored with an external application “BatchInEditorMonitor.exe” for time out and the status of AutoCAD; if AutoCAD crashes or Batch process takes more time to process a drawing than the set timeout per drawing then the batch process will close AutoCAD and restart AutoCAD and Batch process without user intervention. The batch process monitor can be closed, if a user chooses to monitor the batch process.

The installation location (C:\USERS ...)  that I have given refers to AutoCAD 64-bit and you are correct the 32-bit is installed in (C:\Documents and Settings...)

Please send your suggestions and request for new commands to support@cadmanagertools.com whch will help us to improve it further

It would be appreciated if you could spend a few minutes to rate BatchInDatabase

Best Regards,

Abubakars

Message 19 of 27
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Yes, I'm having issues as well.
[cid:image001.png@01CF0856.5E048D40]

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 20 of 27

Sorry, the image didn't get attached when I replied using Outlook. See attached Image.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost