Contributor
thomas0212
Message 1 of 3 (3,006 Views)
Accepted Solution

Reconciling New Layers in AutoCAD Architecture 2012

3006 Views, 2 Replies
05-31-2011 09:46 AM

Good day to everyone...

I have a bit of a conundrum.  I just recently "upgraded" to the new 2010 Autocad Architecture and I am now having some issues with disabling the 'Reconcile Layers' feature.  In the previous versions i used to be able to just right click on the icon and uncheckmark all the notifications for this particular feature.  I am not able to do this with the new version.

- What I have done...

1)  Set my LAYERNOTIFY to 0.  The result of this is that this variable does not stay set to 0.

2)  Set my LAYEREVAL to 0.  The result of this is that this variable does not stay set to 0.  

3)  Googled the hell out of this and have found no answers.

4)  Searched and searched on the discussion groups and have found no relevant information.

If anybody has a solution, please share and I will forever be in your debt.

Thank you for reading.

Just because it seams to matter to some people, here are the specs of my machine that I am currently using...

Windows 7 64-bit Operating System

Dell Precision T1600

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31245 @ 3.30 GHz 3.30 GHz

8 GB RAM

NVIDIA Quadro 2000 Video Card

Thanks Mike,

After I posted this question, I researched a little further inside the Help Feature of AutoCAD and it also suggested I do the system Set Variables.  Unfortunately, I was not allowed to save any changes to the .doc file for some reason.

I did a few obscure searches in the Help Feature (as this was becoming a personal quest to fix this) and discovered a command that I never knew about.  It is called CLASSICLAYER.  It looks almost the same as the LAYER command but it has a "settings" button that the LAYER command does not.  

Once inside the CLASSICLAYER command I selected the settings button and it brought up a new window.  I deselected the option called "New Layer Notification."  This globally turns of any notifications that there are unreconciled layers in any drawings that you may open on your system, not just your specific file you are currently working on.

I hope that this information reaches others that may be struggling with a similar issue.

Also,  as I am typing this, I just discovered that if you type the LAYER command, wait for your palette to open, and in the top right corner of of the palette you will see an icon that looks like a wrench.  If you press this icon it will also bring up the same window as described above in the CLASSICLAYER command.  

I sure do hope this helps other people.

Thanks again Mike,

-Thomas

Valued Contributor
Partenheimer
Message 2 of 3 (2,992 Views)

Re: Reconciling New Layers in AutoCAD Architecture 2012

06-01-2011 01:06 PM in reply to: thomas0212

This is not a solution but it may be a work-around...

Add this line to your ACADDOC.LSP file:

(setvar "LAYEREVAL" 0)

Mike Partenheimer

Contributor
thomas0212
Message 3 of 3 (2,986 Views)

Re: Reconciling New Layers in AutoCAD Architecture 2012

06-01-2011 02:11 PM in reply to: Partenheimer

Thanks Mike,

After I posted this question, I researched a little further inside the Help Feature of AutoCAD and it also suggested I do the system Set Variables.  Unfortunately, I was not allowed to save any changes to the .doc file for some reason.

I did a few obscure searches in the Help Feature (as this was becoming a personal quest to fix this) and discovered a command that I never knew about.  It is called CLASSICLAYER.  It looks almost the same as the LAYER command but it has a "settings" button that the LAYER command does not.  

Once inside the CLASSICLAYER command I selected the settings button and it brought up a new window.  I deselected the option called "New Layer Notification."  This globally turns of any notifications that there are unreconciled layers in any drawings that you may open on your system, not just your specific file you are currently working on.

I hope that this information reaches others that may be struggling with a similar issue.

Also,  as I am typing this, I just discovered that if you type the LAYER command, wait for your palette to open, and in the top right corner of of the palette you will see an icon that looks like a wrench.  If you press this icon it will also bring up the same window as described above in the CLASSICLAYER command.  

I sure do hope this helps other people.

Thanks again Mike,

-Thomas

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!