AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 11 of 19 (245 Views)

Re: "Help" No Really, Where's the help?

08-22-2011 12:20 PM in reply to: bachka

In exchange I typed

rotate layout

and the first answer was exactly what you would need and expected.

I think the help is working pretty well, as long as you are logged in of course.

The answer you got from google , mvsetup, is old school and may not be the best answer for newer releases.  You do know you can just rotate the viewport and the view follows? See  VPROTATEASSOC in help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
bachka
Message 12 of 19 (235 Views)

08-22-2011 12:31 PM in reply to: GrantsPirate

Thanks for a swift responce, I really appreciate it. 

What do you mean by saying "you must be logged in?". Logged into what? Sorry if my question seems disturbing, i am really interested and will be thaknfull for the answer.

And thanks for the VPROTATEASSOC command, haven't used it until today. It is really fun.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 13 of 19 (234 Views)

08-22-2011 12:32 PM in reply to: bachka

"...This is the problem: I do not have Acad's help at hand anymore..."

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Map-3D/bd-p/85 is the MAP3D forum: it seems to work just fine in plain AutoCAD 2012 a noted by others. Posting in the correct forum will at least get you MAP users and perhaps a MAP-aware 'desker to help or kick it up the food chain.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Mentor
grimline
Message 14 of 19 (224 Views)

08-22-2011 02:58 PM in reply to: grimline

It doesn't really matter whether it is old school or not, I think that changing the configuration of the HELP on the fly without providing the existing subscribtion users the option to switch to CLASSIC HELP is counter productive.

These move buy Autodesk may be fine to the New CAD purchase members, but not Helping those that were accustomed to their usual ways. Providing the option may be the best answer for both New release Users and old alike.

I didn't expect that a simple thing such as the HELP would be this complicated considering what I normally attribute my preferences to Autodesk is, which is, for one thing, that it normally makes available the  "CLASSIC" option with their Upgrades. I do not know what gives presently.

Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2015
Windows 7 Professional
Service Pack 1
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 15 of 19 (217 Views)

08-22-2011 04:17 PM in reply to: bachka

"What do you mean by saying "you must be logged in?"

Connected to the internet, some are connected all the time, most have to log in due to IT restrictions.

"And thanks for the VPROTATEASSOC command, haven't used it until today. It is really fun."

You are welcome, makes life that much easier.

If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 16 of 19 (215 Views)

08-22-2011 04:21 PM in reply to: grimline

grimline -

I have been using AutoCAD since late 1988, I have been able to upgrade with each release.  I find it much easier to roll with the punches, as it were, and just learn what is new, what has changed, what has been removed.  It takes about a week to adjust and then it is as if I have used it that way forever.

As I said, I typed in the search in exchange and the first choice was exactly what you needed.  How is that broken?

The upside to help being on line is the help file is easily updated with no effort on our part.  And I think it will continue to get better as a result.

Mentor
grimline
Message 17 of 19 (211 Views)

08-22-2011 04:51 PM in reply to: GrantsPirate

What a traumatic argument. Punches?! I would rather they just provide the Classic option....JK

Joke aside. One thing for sure, we all just have to deal with the process of evolution. At the end, Hopefully it will be pretty.

Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2015
Windows 7 Professional
Service Pack 1
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
Active Contributor
mayhap
Message 18 of 19 (162 Views)

09-01-2011 12:10 PM in reply to: luconceicao

i DON'T HAVE THAT OPTION IN MY AUTOCAD 2012 AND MY HELP TOTALLY STOPPED WORKING.

Product Support
luconceicao
Message 19 of 19 (156 Views)

09-02-2011 06:20 AM in reply to: mayhap

Hi Mayhap,

Which option in AutoCAD 2012 you don't have?

You can access the online help here as a workaround:

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad/enu/help

Cheers,

Luciane

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.