Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quick select is greyed out / unavailable

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
em1979
1455 Views, 7 Replies

quick select is greyed out / unavailable

I just tried to use the quick select feature by right clicking in my drawing but it is not selectable as the words "quick select" are greyed out. I tried restaring my PC but this hasn't fixed it.

If I type QSELECT the quick select box pops up but I don't want to have to type this every time I want to use this feature

any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: em1979

Exact AutoCAD version?
Message 3 of 8
em1979
in reply to: pendean

I am using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011

I have since found out something weird - this is only happening in some drawings, would still be good to find a solution

Message 4 of 8
pendean

You'll have to post one of these drawings then, and explain how to replicate the issue.
Message 5 of 8
jack.martin
in reply to: pendean

I'm experiencing the same issue with AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 (SP4), though not in basic AutoCAD 2012: when I right‑click in the attached MPA.dwg, Quick Select is not available (greyed out). As a counter-example, when right‑clicking in the attached Drawing1, Quick Select is available. Any advice?

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 8

Hi,

seems to be depending on the object-count available just in modelspace.

If there is not any object selectable in modelspace the menu-item is greyed out. You can verify that by changing to modelspace, start command _QSELECT and you get reported that there is no object in modelspace available.

At least the problem is, that AutoCAD should count the objects in the active space (so in case of MPA.dwg it would see that there are some objects available), but it ignores that objects, ...just counting modelspace and that's it.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 8

Thanks, Alfred!

When I deleted some invisible Civil 3D sites from model space in Drawing1 (originating from a client's template file), I confirmed that with no entities in model space and some in paper space, Quick Select is unavailable.

Investigating further, a map feature otherwise selectable in MPA.dwg's model space (though deleted from the file I posted) doesn't enable right-click use of Quick Select, and yet does appear as a object type when QSELECT is used from the command line.

For now, I'll just set QS as a command alias for QSELECT. However, what's an innocuous object that I might place in model space to work around this limitation? And how do we suggest to Autodesk that they modify this inconsistent behavior?
Message 8 of 8
travisD3LB9

I know this is super old but for those still looking for an answer... draw something in model space and then the command become available.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost