AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

jcalexander
Message 1 of 3 (145 Views)

publishing dialoge won't accept changes for layer settings.

145 Views, 2 Replies
06-12-2012 08:20 PM

Hello,

My issue is with the Publish dialogue.  I am publishing several sheets to PDF.  I do not want layers to be available in the PDF.  I shoud be able to control whether or not layers export with the PDF in the "Publish dialogue box > Publish Options > General DWF/PDF options > Layer Information"  (then there are two options, either to include or not include layer information).  However, when I change it to "don't include" and close out of that box, the main Publish dialogue still shows the layer option as included and the layers are in the PDF after I publish it.  Any ideas on why the layers still show up?

Thanks much.

Valued Mentor
bgingerich
Message 2 of 3 (143 Views)

Re: publishing dialoge won't accept changes for layer settings.

06-13-2012 05:34 AM in reply to: jcalexander

In order to prevent layers from being shown in a pdf, turn them off or freeze them.  The "include layer information" option includes the layers with the pdf (over on the left with the bookmarks and such).  You can alternately turn on and off layers directly in the pdf with the "information included."  But to not include layers in a pdf, they must be off, frozen, or locked when creating the pdf.  HTH

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Valued Contributor
itbemedg
Message 3 of 3 (139 Views)

Re: publishing dialoge won't accept changes for layer settings.

06-13-2012 06:01 AM in reply to: bgingerich

I can publish just fine to PDF and my layers are not shown and I don't freeze, lock or turn off anything.

Don't know why the OP's won't do the same. Anyone?

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.