AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

j_pesaturo
Message 1 of 6 (609 Views)
Accepted Solution

Problem with Zoom "All"

609 Views, 5 Replies
04-03-2012 04:23 AM

I'm relatively new to this 2012 version, and I seem to encounter an issue with the Zoom "All" command. Basically the Zoom "All" command produces the same result as Zoom "Extents". I've reset my limits to a slight distance back from the profiles I'm working with, but it just doesn't seem to want to work. All of my work is typically done in Model Space if it matters.

Don't know why this would work but after useing the command sequence

PLAN, World,

it now works as expected.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 6 (593 Views)

Re: Problem with Zoom "All"

04-03-2012 06:35 AM in reply to: j_pesaturo

If you need to Zoom Limits, try this lisp:

;ZOOM LIMITS
(defun C:ZL (/ ds1 pmx pt1 pt2)
        (setq pt1 (getvar "LIMMIN"))
        (setq pt2 (getvar "LIMMAX"))
        (setq pmx (list (/ (+ (car pt1)  (car pt2))  2)
                        (/ (+ (cadr pt1) (cadr pt2)) 2)
                  )
        )
        (setq ds1 (- (cadr pt2) (cadr pt1)))
        (command "zoom" "c" pmx ds1)
);end

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
j_pesaturo
Message 3 of 6 (582 Views)

04-03-2012 10:29 AM in reply to: j_pesaturo

The information below is listed within the Autodesk Exchange (help) under a generic "Zoom all" search. It states that it should work just fine as is, without use of a LISP routine. I know I'm comming up from R14, but it's a basic command. Does this feature just not work as intended any longer? I am up to date on my SP's as well. Thanks again ...

All

Zooms to display all visible objects and visual aids.

Adjusts the magnification of the drawing area to accommodate the extents of all visible objects in the drawing, or visual aids such as the grid limits (the LIMITS command), whichever is larger.

In the illustration on the right, the grid limits are set to a larger area than the extents of the drawing.

Because it always regenerates the drawing, you cannot use ZOOM All transparently.

*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 4 of 6 (569 Views)

04-03-2012 01:00 PM in reply to: j_pesaturo

Don't know why this would work but after useing the command sequence

PLAN, World,

it now works as expected.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 5 of 6 (558 Views)

04-03-2012 06:14 PM in reply to: j_pesaturo

The lisp is for Zooming to your set Limits ALL THE TIME regardless: if you just wish to rely a core tool/command see if the other tip above is a fix for you, if not hang around and wait for another from someone else.

For me it's above getting it done on my terms, not find an obscure setting somewhere in the file. Weird I know :smileyhappy:

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
j_pesaturo
Message 6 of 6 (546 Views)

04-04-2012 04:15 AM in reply to: pendean

COJonez ... That seems to work just fine ... Thanks ...

pendean ... Crazy as it sounds, I've been an ACAD user since the mid 80's and I have never used a LISP routine, ever ... I honestly don't even know where to begin with them ... Thank you for the tip all the same ...

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.