Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with DWG to PDF conversion

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rwtrahan
499 Views, 6 Replies

Problem with DWG to PDF conversion

I have a batch of drawings that I need to convert to PDF. When I do the conversion most of the drawings convert fine but several of the drawings convert but they are a fraction of the size of the page that I'm converting them to. Most of the drawings convert to about the size of the paper I'm designating but the problem drawings are converting to a tenth of the page size. I have attempted to scale the drawings up and then convert them which is somewhat better but still not like the other drawings. What I need to do is have the drawings convert to the 17 X 11 size sheet and they seem to be stuck in a one size fits all mode. I have attached an example of the converted document for an example. Can anyone help?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sthompson1021
in reply to: rwtrahan

Can you attach a screen shot of your page setup for one of the problem drawings?

Message 3 of 7
rwtrahan
in reply to: sthompson1021

Is this attachment what you're asking for?

Message 4 of 7
pendean

Looks like you are asking AutoCAD to plot exactly what you have on screen, blank spaces and all: so your PDF looks like tht as well. Change the choice of WHAT TO PLOT from DISPLAY to something you actually want, like WINDOW perhaps or even EXTENTS.

On that pop-up for PLOT, there is next the HELP buton an arrow/circle button, click on it. Now you can set the output page orientation too. You seem to be looking at only half the pop-up.
Message 5 of 7
sthompson1021

In addition to what Dean suggested, you might want to look into using layouts for plotting. They are a lot easier to use if you need to have your drawings plotted to scale.

Message 6 of 7
nestly2

This might help with the basics  - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2RPnSLTpQw

Message 7 of 7
rwtrahan

To All who replied

Thanks for the help I used your suggestions and was able to correct my issue.

Robert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost