We're using Win 64 and AutoCAD 2011. We are having problems publishing multiple files to PDF without layer information.
I have tried two methods:
1. Edit the default DWG to PDF.PC3 file to not include layer information. Then create a Page Setup and assign this as the plotter to use.
2. Edit the default DWG to PDF.PC3 file and save it to a new file "DWG to PDF without Layers.PC3". Then create a page Setup and assign it as the plotter to use.
In both cases, I can publish a single file and have a PDF without layers but when I publish multiple files I get layers.
Does anyone know how to publish multiple files to PDF without layer information?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Dumb question... Are you editing the template (.dwt) that the sheetset is using and then saving the template? You have to explicitly tell AutoCAD to open a template file, otherwise it will just start a new drawing using that template.
Hope that made sense...
Not a dumb question ... I am not that familiar with how sheet sets rely on templates.
I saw the sheet creation template file, and I thought it is only used to create new files for this sheet set. How does it affect existing files? All of these drawings were created many years ago, before sheet sets.
Is there something I should change in the template to get the publish settings of existing files to work correctly?
Ok, a few steps then....
As it turns out, the page setup I wanted to use was already there because I created from the sheet set manager, by right-clicking on a file, then selecting Publish, then "Manage Page Setups...".
Unfortunately, that did not change the PDF output. The files still have layers even though the "include layer information" is NOT checked. The strange thing is that if you publish one file it shows up correctly without layers, but if you publish multiple files they all come out with layers, despite the setting in the DWG to PDF.pc3 file.
Right click on your Sheet Set to call up the menu and select Publish/ Sheet Set Publish Options/ Layer Information = Don't Include.
Thank you, that worked.
I had changed it in the PC3 file and also in the Publish Options of the regular Publish command, but it did not occur to me that there would be a third place.