AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Active Contributor
ConstantineS
Message 1 of 8 (2,032 Views)
Accepted Solution

Problem - Publish using Page Setup Override

2032 Views, 7 Replies
11-10-2011 10:11 AM

We're using Win 64 and AutoCAD 2011.  We are having problems publishing multiple files to PDF without layer information.

I have tried two methods:

1.  Edit the default DWG to PDF.PC3 file to not include layer information.  Then create a Page Setup and assign this as the plotter to use.

2.  Edit the default DWG to PDF.PC3 file and save it to a new file "DWG to PDF without Layers.PC3".  Then create a page Setup and assign it as the plotter to use.

In both cases, I can publish a single file and have a PDF without layers but when I publish multiple files I get layers.

Does anyone know how to publish multiple files to PDF without layer information?

Thanks,

Constantine

Right click on your Sheet Set to call up the menu and select Publish/ Sheet Set Publish Options/ Layer Information = Don't Include.

Distinguished Contributor
jwjones1
Message 2 of 8 (2,023 Views)

Re: Problem - Publish using Page Setup Override

11-10-2011 11:59 AM in reply to: ConstantineS

Dumb question... Are you editing the template (.dwt) that the sheetset is using and then saving the template?  You have to explicitly tell AutoCAD to open a template file, otherwise it will just start a new drawing using that template.

Hope that made sense...

Active Contributor
ConstantineS
Message 3 of 8 (2,019 Views)

11-10-2011 12:41 PM in reply to: jwjones1

Hi jw,

Not a dumb question ...  I am not that familiar with how sheet sets rely on templates.

I saw the sheet creation template file, and I thought it is only used to create new files for this sheet set.  How does it affect existing files?  All of these drawings were created many years ago, before sheet sets.

Is there something I should change in the template to get the publish settings of existing files to work correctly?

Thanks,

Constantine

jwjones1
Message 4 of 8 (2,011 Views)

11-10-2011 01:27 PM in reply to: ConstantineS

Ok, a few steps then....

1. Find the template file you want to use and set up the page setups in it to work the way you want.  Make sure the you save the template file as a template.
  2. You'll still need to change your .pc3 file if you haven't done so already.  Go to the properties of the pc3 file that you are using and uncheck the "include layer information" under custom.  Judging by your previous post it sounds like you did that already but it can't hurt to double check.
  3. Right-click the sheet set title at the top and pick properties.  In the Sheet Set properties there is an entry for Page setup overrides file, click there to set what template the sheet set looks at for the page setup overrides.  
That should work.  Good luck and give a shout back if it doesn't =)
Active Contributor
ConstantineS
Message 5 of 8 (2,001 Views)

11-10-2011 04:04 PM in reply to: jwjones1

Hi jw,

As it turns out, the page setup I wanted to use was already there because I created from the sheet set manager, by right-clicking on a file, then selecting Publish, then "Manage Page Setups...".

Unfortunately, that did not change the PDF output.  The files still have layers even though the "include layer information" is NOT checked.  The strange thing is that if you publish one file it shows up correctly without layers, but if you publish multiple files they all come out with layers, despite the setting in the DWG to PDF.pc3 file.

Constantine

*Expert Elite*
ToanDN
Message 6 of 8 (1,979 Views)

11-12-2011 10:53 AM in reply to: ConstantineS

Right click on your Sheet Set to call up the menu and select Publish/ Sheet Set Publish Options/ Layer Information = Don't Include.

Active Contributor
ConstantineS
Message 7 of 8 (1,961 Views)

11-14-2011 08:44 AM in reply to: ToanDN

Thank you, that worked.

I had changed it in the PC3 file and also in the Publish Options of the regular Publish command, but it did not occur to me that there would be a third place.

jwjones1
Message 8 of 8 (1,955 Views)

11-14-2011 09:17 AM in reply to: ConstantineS

Awesome ToanDN, I'll have to remember that one =)

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.