AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

jason_silva
Message 1 of 4 (503 Views)

Problem Fitting Text in Title Block

503 Views, 3 Replies
01-04-2012 06:03 AM

Hello everybody.

I am trying to make a template with a title block in it and in that title block, I have an attribute where it takes in the title of the drawing and displays it in the corresponding section in the title block. My problem is that some of these drawings will have long titles. The problem is that I can get the text to have a definite width using the multiple line property, but It causes the text to vertically exceed its section instead of scaling the text size back. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you,

Jason

*Expert Elite*
Bob_Zurunkle
Message 2 of 4 (483 Views)

Re: Problem Fitting Text in Title Block

01-04-2012 08:58 AM in reply to: jason_silva

Can't you override the text width?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted :smileyhappy:
Active Contributor
brian_shick
Message 3 of 4 (480 Views)

01-04-2012 09:08 AM in reply to: jason_silva
Spoiler

What about using "Fit Text" center justified or reduce the Width factor slightly on that string.

*Pro
murray-clack
Message 4 of 4 (462 Views)

01-04-2012 12:20 PM in reply to: brian_shick

I would suggest using a single attribute set to "multiple lines" with a fixed width.  That way, it acts like a regulary MText object where it will automatically word-wrap itself

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.