Problem after converting DWG 2012 to 2004

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
294 Views, 5 Replies

Problem after converting DWG 2012 to 2004

Hello everyone

I'm facing with problem in converting file from DWG 2012 to 2004.
I'v got file created in AC 2012. 3D model in tab Model and in tab Layout1 was created European projection by using Drafting & Annotation option.
The draws in European projection are with dimensions.

I tried to make this file readable in AC 2004 or 2006. Unfortunately unsucessfuly till now.
I were using Save As option, True Converter, and DWG Conwerter in AC 2012.
Everytime i get the same efect. Model is correct, dimmension are correct but European projection draws dissapeard and in their place I got rectangle with note: "The Model Documentation object enabler is required to view this data.download the free enabler from http://autodesk.com/enablers"

Unfotunately id doesn't work too. I still can't see anything in AC 2005.

Any sugestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

"model documentation" (I think it's the "drawing view" objects in the layout(s)) is nothing that is convertable down to 2004,

You might try to use command _EXPORTLAYOUT and try that to save down to 2004.

Do you have any background info why you convert a drawing down to a format that is more than 10 years old? You might receive more conficts doing so.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
nestly2

Although I haven't tried, I'm not surprised that 2004 dwg format cannot display "Model Documentation" / "Drawing Views".  Like Alfred, I think you may have to export the drawing views to Modelspace and then import/insert the resultant modelspace geometry into the 2004 dwg.

Here's a Youtube video by Robert Green demonstrating this very issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT0m6jfI1Yk

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Tahnks a lot. Your advice helped me to solve the problem.

I'd like to explain why I wanted to convert layout wit european projection from 2012 to 2004.

A friend of mine, who is using AC 2005 wanted to see my work efects.

Message 5 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

Great to know it helped and you got it working!

>> A friend of mine, who is using AC 2005 wanted to see my work efects

If he just like to view your drawing you might also plot (or publish) it to DWF or PDF. As long as he does not need to modify anything it's easier to create that compared to export every single layout.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Mostly he doesn't need to modify anything, but sometimes he must. Thats why I needed to make him able to operate on DWG files rather than PDF.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost