AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

39CentStamp
Message 1 of 9 (3,909 Views)
Accepted Solution

Printing from PDF - How to make lines darker? See screenshot.

3909 Views, 8 Replies
01-27-2011 01:19 PM

The attached screenshot shows prints that came from the same plotter. On the left side you will see the prints i printed from a PDF i created via autocad. On the right you will see prints i printed from a PDF that can from an architect. Both sets of prints/PDF's were generated from the same autocad file.

How do i make my lines look as dark as the lines on the right? I looked thru settings in the printer dialogue box and couldn't find anything. I tried increasing the line weight but all it did was make thicker light lines :smileyvery-happy:.

Forgive my slack jawed use of autocad terminology. I am an autocad noob. Learning from lynda videos and trial and error.

Thanks.

http://wiremunky.com/autocad/printing.jpg

In AutoCAD's plot dialog, click the "more options" arrow at the lower right corner to expand the window, then switch "Plot style table (pen assignments)" in the upper right corner to "monochrome.ctb".

Valued Contributor
pete592
Message 2 of 9 (3,873 Views)

Re: Printing from PDF - How to make lines darker? See screenshot.

01-27-2011 04:25 PM in reply to: 39CentStamp

In AutoCAD's plot dialog, click the "more options" arrow at the lower right corner to expand the window, then switch "Plot style table (pen assignments)" in the upper right corner to "monochrome.ctb".

39CentStamp
Message 3 of 9 (3,866 Views)

01-27-2011 04:55 PM in reply to: 39CentStamp

Thank you sir. I will give it a shot tomorrow.

Valued Mentor
tzzzzoddhepworth4253
Message 4 of 9 (3,813 Views)

01-28-2011 09:58 AM in reply to: 39CentStamp

In the future, when transmitting files back & forth, use the "etransmit" function from the command line.  This utility will let you send (or receive) all supporting files behind the .DWG - including the plotter configurations/pen settings and fonts.

However, beware that transmitting fonts that aren't "out of the box" with windows (or whatever OS), and architects may be more prone than others at using "specialty fonts," may be a copyright violation for unauthorized distribution of the font.

As a recipient, if you use the sender's ctb settings, then you can match the look of their print for line weights, etc.

Hope this helps.  Update your posting if it's not clear.

TdH

radarguy101
Message 5 of 9 (907 Views)

06-14-2014 08:41 AM in reply to: pete592

That was a great suggestion but it did not help me.  The part is dark enough but the dimension lines are very faint.  Any suggestions for that?

Thanks,

Russ

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 6 of 9 (900 Views)

06-14-2014 02:40 PM in reply to: radarguy101

Hi,

>> The part is dark enough but the dimension lines are very faint.

Sorry, but that is not enough information.

• What color does your dimension object have (or the layer of that object), what CTB do you use.
  • What transparency is set to the dimenetion object (or the layer of that object).
  • Are there any viewport layer overrides for that layer

...a lot of questions that need to be answered so we can answer, best at all would be to upload the drawing (or at least some dimensions and the layout you try to plot PLUS as pdf so we can see your objects and objects settings and what you get when you plot.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
radarguy101
Message 7 of 9 (878 Views)

06-17-2014 06:01 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Sorry that I did not provide enough info.  I am very new to Autocad 14 using a student version.  Since I did not really understand all that you asked I am going to attach a file and hopefully I will be able to learn a little bit more.

Thank you for any assistance.

Russell

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 8 of 9 (872 Views)

06-17-2014 10:29 PM in reply to: radarguy101

Hi,

you should learn using layers, if you do all on layer 0 and set the color from layer 0 to a very light blue then also the dimensions are plotted in that color.

At least there is no reason why they should plot in a dark color when you created them (and are displayed) with a light (truecolor) color.

Find the attached DWG and PDF. I created a new layer, color black and assigned the dimensions to that layer.

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
radarguy101
Message 9 of 9 (841 Views)

06-21-2014 01:49 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks Alfred,

That was just the tip I needed.  I am jut now learning and I should have known about the layers from my Photoshop experience.  

Russ

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!