AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

gudism
Message 1 of 4 (932 Views)

Printing a PDF to A3 causing solid hatch drawing order issue

932 Views, 3 Replies
06-01-2011 04:31 PM

Hi there.

First time poster, hope you all can help.

We have an issue with hatches and drawing order when printing PDF's to A3 printer.

The solid hatch is always on top of any linework, block....anything, regardless if the drawing order is correct in the DWG.

Problem occurs on multiple printers (the 2 A3's in the office and many client printers etc)

The problem is there even if we create the PDF from autocad direct or from a DWF.

Problem is the same regardless of how the PDF is created (ie different PDF drivers etc)

We have no problems printing directly from autocad to a A1 or A3 printer, or if we print a DWF to a A1 or A3 printer.

If we print to A1, no problems, problem only occurs when printing to A3.

This is a pretty major issue, as we issue 99% of our drawings as PDF, and most clients etc will print to A3. We have tried to get clients & builders etc to dload the free DWF viewer and then send to them DWF files, but this is nearly impossible.

Any ideas and thoughts would be greatly appreciated. We are using Autocad 2011 but I believe this has persisted on earlier versions as well.

thanks

Gudism (craig)

*Expert Elite*
ToanDN
Message 2 of 4 (930 Views)

Re: Printing a PDF to A3 causing solid hatch drawing order issue

06-01-2011 05:33 PM in reply to: gudism

Did you try the Autodesk DWG to PDF driver?  I assume the A3 PDF is not 1:1 scale and your A1 is 1:1, correct?  If so, just print to A1 PDF and send to your clients, they can print the PDF at whatever size they want.

gudism
Message 3 of 4 (928 Views)

06-01-2011 06:06 PM in reply to: ToanDN

Yeah that driver works fine for me, just seeing if the part of our office that is having the issue can resolve it by trying that driver.

You see the confusing thing is I dont get the problem, but guys in one of our other offices do see this problem, and we are just trying to work out why.

He is adament that it occurs everywhere, but as I dont have the problem, I dont believe him! :-)

Odd thing is if I print a PDF from a DWF he has created, then the problem occurs here in this office.

and all of our PDF's are always printed as an A1

gudism
Message 4 of 4 (922 Views)

06-01-2011 06:48 PM in reply to: gudism

we are now trying to work out what is different of each machine in each office, to try to see why this is happening.

first thing we will try is that the machines here have adobe acrobat installed, and have the offical adobe driver.

where as the computers in the other office do not.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!