AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Active Contributor
jasonium
Message 1 of 1 (163 Views)

Preset the distance a Location Grip reaches from an object.

163 Views, 0 Replies
09-22-2010 03:02 PM

Is there a way to preset the reach of the Location Grip on Location Property Definitions in Property Sets?

I use Location Property Definitions in a custom Property Set which is applied to all multiview blocks and several aec objects. This allows my schedules to report which room things are in such as windows, doors, electrical outlets, cabinets etc etc.

For example, I have upper cabinets that aren't over a Space, because there isn't flooring underneath them. Because of this, the Location Grip reports "Space Not Found" in the cabinet schedule, and I have to go in and manually pull each grip out until it latches onto a Space.

I would like to set all grips to automatically reach out 2'6" from their insertion point. Does anybody know if this is possible? The manual time spent on pulling grips off cabinets and electrical fixtures is killing me.

Thanks!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.