AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AMTBEmployee
Message 1 of 2 (150 Views)

Polar Tracking

150 Views, 1 Replies
11-09-2011 05:00 AM

For some reason my polar tracking wont lock on at the correct angles. I currently have it set for 45 and it will only lock on as showing in my picture. I managed to fix it last night by switching user profiles in the options but it is having the same problem yet again this morning.

Any help on this matter is appreciated.

I am useing AutoCAD 2011 for 2D Drafting.

Mentor
AlistairBean1906
Message 2 of 2 (119 Views)

Re: Polar Tracking

11-10-2011 07:42 AM in reply to: AMTBEmployee

I can't see what the problem is from your screenshot but have a little look at the settings for polar, in the bottom right hand corner of the dialog is measurement set to absolute or relative to last segment.

The default behaviour is absolute.

If this has been set to Relative then the angles are measured from the object you select. very clever/powerful but if you don't know what is happening it will confuse

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.