Did you mean: 

POLAR & ORTHO dynamic displacement display

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
troma
1322 Views, 12 Replies

POLAR & ORTHO dynamic displacement display

I would love for my 2011 and 2013 to work the same as my 2008 does.

In 2008, when I grab a grip and stretch it with either ortho or polar turned on, I get a little tooltip beside the crosshairs.  All it says is the distance and the angle, and whether it is Ortho or Polar.  For example, if I stretch to the left with ortho on, it may say  

Ortho: 16.55 < 180°

Or if I stretch up and to the right with Polar on, it will say

Polar: 16.55 < 45°

I really, really really want this back!  This is not dynamic input, I hate all that ridiculous clutter around my crosshairs.  But this little info box is absolutely invaluable!

I have checked the Tooltip setting (on in all versions),  And I've been playing with all the Dynamic Input settings, but I can't get it to work.  The odd part is that 2011 was working until about a week ago.  I'm not sure if 2013 was or not.

Thanks everyone.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: troma

Do you have any or all the 'tooltips' options turned on in OPTIONS>Display Tab?
Message 3 of 13
steve216586

If "2011 was working until about a week ago", it sounds like something has changed that you are not aware of or didn't initiate, within the program. Do you have 2008, 2011, & 2013 loaded on the same computer? This may be your problem if true. Definately not a good idea to keep old versions after an upgrade, especially when they aren't all in the same 3 year development window.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 4 of 13
troma
in reply to: steve216586

Yes, I agree. Something changed that I'm not aware of. My goal here is to become aware of it, and change it back again.
Yes, I have them all on one machine. All are needed; old projects are finished off in the version in which they were started, new projects are started on the new version. I'm in Civil 3D, so all releases are completely incompatible with all other versions (with the exception of 2014, which I don't have) so being a different drawing format is really inconsequential.

Mark Green

Message 5 of 13
troma
in reply to: pendean

Tooltips 2008.PNG

Tooltips 2011.PNG

Tooltips 2013.PNG

Mark Green

Message 6 of 13
pendean

See the 2013 screenshot, is this what you are looking for?

ScreenShot002.jpg

ScreenShot001.jpg

Message 7 of 13
steve216586

I didn't realize each year is completely incompatible until I read it myself. You have my condolences. Smiley Sad

I hope someone in the C3D field can help.

It almost makes sense to have your computer partitioned to support each one individually.

Message 8 of 13
troma
in reply to: pendean

Yes, yes, yes! (At least I think so. I was unable to get a screen shot with the default windows Snipping Tool due to the dynamic nature of it. It was blue in 2008, but I think it was white in 2011 same as your screen shot.)
What's the secret?

Mark Green

Message 9 of 13
troma

Pretty sure this is a base Autocad thing, but if necessary I will post over in C3D. It is pretty standard practice to have more than one version running; one poster over there said he had six or seven consecutive versions installed with no ill-effects. I wouldn't go that far though. I think it might have been a reseller, so they have more need for looking into all the different versions.

Mark Green

Message 10 of 13
nestly2

When you grab a grip in the newer versions, there are at least 4 things that can be displayed at the cursor.

-  Ortho/Polar tracking

-  OSnap tracking

-  Dynamic Input

-  Dimensional Input

if you disable the last 3, all you'll get is what you described in the first post.

CursorInput.gif

Message 11 of 13
nestly2

After re-reading....

AutoTrack Tooltip.JPG

Message 12 of 13
steve216586

Try OPTIONS - Drafting Tab and make sure the box has a check for "Display Autotrack Tool Tip". I turned mine off and it disappeared when Move, Copy, Draw line, etc. Back on and everything normal.

see attached

Message 13 of 13
troma

That was it you two!
Thanks!

Mark Green

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost