AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

noengr
Message 1 of 8 (746 Views)

Plotting to PDF

746 Views, 7 Replies
12-13-2011 09:09 AM

When upgrading from a previous version of CAD to 2012, my list of plotters has been changed and I can not plot to PDF.  How can I add Adobe PDF to the list of plotters?

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 8 (740 Views)

Re: Plotting to PDF

12-13-2011 10:00 AM in reply to: noengr

Hi,

have you installed the oder version of AutoCAD or is it uninstalled?

If it's installed (and not to old) you can then start in both versions the plotter-manager and copy the PC3-files you need. Don't forget the PMP-files if there are any assigned.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
noengr
Message 3 of 8 (733 Views)

12-13-2011 12:57 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks for your reply.  The older version has been uninstalled so I cant use that method.  I am unfamiliar with the term PMP, can you please elaborate.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 8 (729 Views)

12-13-2011 01:29 PM in reply to: noengr

Hi,

>> The older version has been uninstalled

Ok, are you sure that all files are removed? Search your C: Drive for files with extension PC3 ==> if you find any that are not in an directory for AutoCAD 2012 you have a good chance to reuse them. Anyway one question first: what release was your old AutoCAD?

>> I am unfamiliar with the term PMP

PMP is a file-extension for a file that is (optionally) used separately with PC3 (in this file are e.g. paper-sizes stored), if you open a PC3-file you can see if it points to a PMP or not (one of the last lines in the properties).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 5 of 8 (708 Views)

12-14-2011 05:19 AM in reply to: noengr

You may need need to reinstall the "Adobe" driver you mention: if it is a Windows PDF driver, you probably forgot to turn on SHOW SYSTEM DRIVERS in R2012, but if that 3rd party PDF driver installed something for you in the old AutoCAD version then you probably need to upgrade it as well for it to see R2012 and do the same (unless a reinstall of that PDF driver will do the same).

Of course this begs the question: why not use the built-in PDF driver already in R2012?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
noengr
Message 6 of 8 (696 Views)

12-14-2011 08:30 AM in reply to: noengr

My previous addition was 2009.

Dean,

How do I access thebuilt in  PDF driver?  At the select plotter screen, there isn't an available option to select the built in PDF driver.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 7 of 8 (692 Views)

12-14-2011 09:13 AM in reply to: noengr

Hi

if you open the _PLOT dialog and open the list of plotters you should find an item "DWG to PDF". If you don't find it ....plus you don't find your system-printers while the check for it is on (like AdobePDF should show up) you have some troubles with your AutoCAD profile. If you haven't done to much customization to AutoCAD (or better you have saved it) then you can try to reset the AutoCAD profiles ==> find it in the Windows Startmenu.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Valued Mentor
tim.turner
Message 8 of 8 (682 Views)

12-14-2011 12:58 PM in reply to: noengr

Give the built in PDF driver a try. It is improved and actually works decently in 2012. Just use the Batch Plot function with your regular plotter page setup and pick PDF as your Publish To output. See attached.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.