Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting lineweights - ignore draw order

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
focuskh
385 Views, 3 Replies

Plotting lineweights - ignore draw order

I have one user in my office who has a plotting issue - her draw order is screwed up, so every time she plots, there are thin gray lines going through lines that are meant to be heavier.  Is there a way to instruct CAd to ignore draw order, so that whatever the darkest line is in a plane overrides anything on top of it?

Thanks,

Kelly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: focuskh

To clarify - have you tried going through the file, selecting different lines, right-clicking, selecting "draw order" and setting it how you want it?

Is the draw order "screwed up" in that:

1.) someone has not fixed the draw order in the dwg itself and you want a quick way to fix it without having to go back through every single line,

or

2.) the draw order in the dwg is actually how you want it, but it prints the draw order incorrectly?

Message 3 of 4
focuskh
in reply to: Anonymous

Number 1 - I just want the darkest line to override any draw order issues in the drawing.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: focuskh

No idea, I've always had to do it line-by-line.

Are the darkest lines on a separate layer than everything else? If so, you could try freezing the other layers then highlighting the darker lines and selecting to bring to front before unfreezing other layers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost