AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Mentor
ArchD
Message 1 of 1 (180 Views)

Plot Transparency changing Plot Style weights

180 Views, 0 Replies
10-11-2012 01:12 PM

When I check 'Plot transparency' in the plot setup dialog box, the result is lighter linework globally throughout the plot.

I have a bit of hatch that I am plotting with a transparency setting, so that I can see through it. The problem is everything plots either thinner or more transparent. Originally, I thought that screened pens were the only ones being effected, but it's all pens, regardless of screened settings found in the pen settings.

Also, this issue is more sever on one plotter when compared to another. On a small printer, contours hardly show up at all when plotting with transparency turned on. On our big plotter, the difference is almost unnoticeable between a plot with transparency and one without, unless you know what to look for.

Is this a bug, or is there a variable, or maybe even a setting I should be looking for in the plotter settings?

Any help would be appreciated.

Archie Dodge

Civil 3D 2013
Windows 7 64-bit
Xeon E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70 GHz
Nvidia Quadro K4000
32.0 GB RAM
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.