AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

van
van
Message 1 of 6 (1,849 Views)

Plot/Plot Style Manager

1849 Views, 5 Replies
01-26-2012 05:56 PM

new at autocad 2012 (previous CAD07 user)

im having trouble setting up my page, never had a problem with this before..... i need an A4 scaled drawing in paper space.

my current setup....

paper size: A4

plot area: extents, ticked centre the plot

scale: 1:1

the result: titleblock cut off on left and right sides

its only when i need A4 size (red margins!)  A3, A2 etc are fine....i dont know what else is needed? I installed CAD12 only a few days ago and im the first and only AutoCAD user at my work. Im not sure if there's some intial setup settings that are required. I'd really appreciate the help. 

Cheers

*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 2 of 6 (1,840 Views)

Re: Plot/Plot Style Manager

01-26-2012 08:26 PM in reply to: van

Try Layout instead of extents and see what happens.  The other thing I'll often do to tweak the layout on the paper and to the title block is to adjust the x/y offsets.  Once you figure it all out it'll be a good idea to create a template file with all these page setup parameters defined.  Then you'll be able to start a drawing running with them or pull the layout into another whenever you need it.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 3 of 6 (1,827 Views)

01-27-2012 05:03 AM in reply to: van

Is the problem in one DWG file or all?

A4 sheet size for what printer exactly? what printer driver are you using with it?

Windows version?

Did you try setting up an A4 sheet for other devices, or even the PDF or DWF plotters in AutoCAD?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
van
van
Message 4 of 6 (1,803 Views)

01-29-2012 03:17 PM in reply to: pendean

Thanks guys for your responses

sorry i wasn't that specfic.

I can print to my computer and the scaling is fine. its only when I need to save the A4 page as a PDF. The DWG to PDF option shows red margins all around my A4 page, its the correct size. Ive had to select the 'fit to page' option for now and noted that to not scale off this drawing. 

Kind of embarassing for me, my boss still draws manually and his scaling is fine. I need to win this! 

*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 5 of 6 (1,796 Views)

01-29-2012 05:36 PM in reply to: van

In my experience those red margins don't always mean much.  My prints often come out just fine even with them showing.  It's a printer-specific thing.  Unless you're really being held to tight specifications on your prints it probably won't matter most of the time.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Valued Contributor
Imui
Message 6 of 6 (1,787 Views)

01-29-2012 11:38 PM in reply to: van

i had the same problem with dwg to pdf, and ended up modifying the printable area of the A4

if you do modify your printable area, make sure your printer can print that close to the edge

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.