updates? Thanks.

Scott
Employee
randyyoung
Message 2 of 13 (7,664 Views)

Re: Performance Tuner failed to update?

05-14-2010 07:45 AM in reply to: *scott
Hello Scott,

If you UAC (User access control) is on you cannot update the view tune log.

Turn that off in the control panel and then you should be able to update.

Hope this helps,
Randall Young
AutoCAD Test Development

Randall Young
Autodesk Lead Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Distinguished Contributor
entropist
Message 3 of 13 (7,664 Views)

05-14-2010 09:25 AM in reply to: *scott
yet another problem that gets carried forward from last year... perhaps autodesk should stop trying to release a new product every year and start fixing existing issues...

FYI - you can also get the tuner update to work by selecting the run as administrator toggle before opening acad.
*Dean Saadallah
Message 4 of 13 (7,674 Views)

05-14-2010 12:05 PM in reply to: *scott
>>>... run as administrator...<<<
Security setting that is not available to many is not a good solution.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Active Contributor
jasonium
Message 5 of 13 (7,347 Views)

09-16-2010 12:21 PM in reply to: *scott

This does not resolve the issue. How do we update?

*Pro
nestly
Message 6 of 13 (7,345 Views)

09-16-2010 12:33 PM in reply to: jasonium

It usually tells me it failed to update until I completely close the performance tuner and re-open it,  If that doesn't do it, try this:

Error: Performance Tuner failed to update

Active Contributor
jasonium
Message 7 of 13 (7,339 Views)

09-16-2010 01:07 PM in reply to: *scott

I had to take ownership of the PTXML folder and change permissions. After doing that, I was allowed to change the folder's read only setting. Relaunched Autocad Architect and ran update, it worked.

that's alot of hurdles to clear!

Valued Mentor
stevenelliott3894
Message 8 of 13 (7,314 Views)

09-17-2010 05:26 AM in reply to: *Dean Saadallah
>>>... Security setting that is not available to many is not a good solution...<<<
It is a good solution for those who do have the proper permissions. He said that it was another option, it is definitely valid help for some.
<rant> I'm surprised at how critical some of the posters are on this board. I mean critical to other posters who are trying to help.
When I first started posting with this account, I had people jumping all over me... accusing me of misleading people and not knowing what I'm talking about, amongst other things.
Perhaps instead of criticising people who are just trying to help, we should, instead, offer suggestions for improving the help they give. In this case, maybe just pointing out that a little more clarification would have improved the post.
Sometimes I get the feeling that some people here are in competition to help others with AutoCAD problems. Are there not enough problems to go around?  :smileywink:
</rant>
In the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"
-Steve
Steven Elliott

When I was a little bitty boy, my grandmother bought me a cute little toy. Silver bells hangin' on a string... she told me it was my ding-a-ling-a-ling!
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 9 of 13 (7,303 Views)

09-17-2010 05:38 AM in reply to: stevenelliott3894

No, the point is this needs to be fixed at the software design level, at Autodesk:

UAC is a reality that has been around since Vista. It's also a reality at most offices, an I.T. need.

Most AutoCAD users CANNOT run as administrators at work on work PCs. An I.T. need.

Pretending I.T. and office security needs can just be turned off to make AutoCAD work is just the worst solution offered by Autodesk, or any Autodesk employee offering support.

There needs to be a solution that just works with Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows log-in credentials realities that have existed for a very, very long time.

End of my rant :smileyhappy:

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Valued Mentor
stevenelliott3894
Message 10 of 13 (7,298 Views)

09-17-2010 05:53 AM in reply to: pendean

Yes, UAC can be a pain to deal with. However, I don't see it going away anytime soon.

Still, helping somebody by telling them they can resolve their problem if they adjust something, and that something needs IT permissions, may prompt said person to go to his IT dept. and ask for help to do this. This may not be possible for everybody, but it is definitely possible for some. That is usually part of IT's job... to help the users.

Steve

Steven Elliott

When I was a little bitty boy, my grandmother bought me a cute little toy. Silver bells hangin' on a string... she told me it was my ding-a-ling-a-ling!
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.