Did you mean: 

peculiar pline problem

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
522 Views, 9 Replies

peculiar pline problem

I have just started using Autocad 2010 (i know i know, its not the latest )... but anyways.

I am facing this unique problem where i have a 3d solid object in the drawing, and when the first point in a pline command falls within the boundary of the 3d solid, autocad automatically assigns some of the properties of the 3dsolid to the new polyline i draw.

so for example, in the attached file, even if i am selecting pline command and starting a command within the rectangle (start point shown as a circle), it automatically changes the z coordinates so that the resulting pline is angled to the xy plane.

Tags (3)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Probably you have the DUCS set to ON

Look below your command line for this DUCS icon

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

Thanks Patchy! never had this ducs option in autocad 2006-2007 that i was using. This was very  useful and many thanks for a prompt response.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

I also face another problem with the osnap settings. When working in 3d, Autocad suddenly stops recognizing object snaps and i have to close the drawing file and reopen for it to start working.

i am in ucs plan view and the ucs is set to world so its nothing to do with the ucs.

Any suggestions as to why that could be happening?

Message 5 of 10
Patchy

Check your OSNAPZ variable, 1 will snap only to zero elevation; 0 will snap anywhere.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

its set to 0. Any the probelm goes away once i restart the drawing file. it stops snapping everywhere almost as if the osnap command has been disabled. However when i check the osnap command is still on.

Message 7 of 10
Patchy

Try 3DOSNAP or hit the F4 key.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

i am using autocad 2010, 3dosnap wasnt introduce then. Also, the osnap command stops working in 2d drawing mode too. So for example if i have used the vpoint command and then i give the command "plan" "world" and set ucs to "world" the osnap stop command stops working.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

How can I get rid of all those snap little logos in my drawing its like if my drawing has chicken pox!!!!?????

Message 10 of 10
Patchy

Vacination or BLIPMODE variable?

Type in .BLIPMODE (period in front)

and use OFF

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost