AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Active Contributor
48 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 1 of 2

paper space, model space, headaches with plotting and FDO data.

219 Views, 1 Replies
02-08-2012 01:36 PM

Hello,

We're using Map 2010 with Mapguide. From model space we've created a bunch of FDO database polylines. The users have paper space tabs with fancy titleblocks and viewports. I need to be able to export their DWF's from paper space, but mix them with the model space polyines in Mapguide.

Naturally these two are out scale. I've tried using the EXPORTLAYOUT command from paper space, which copies that entire tab to model space. I was hoping i could then plot this output to DWF. Problem is, while this is in model space it retained it's paper space scale! So that solution won't work.

Second possiblity was using the CHSPACE command on the titleblock in paper space. This nicely converted the title block to model space around the area we want to plot. Problem is, there is linework between where the edge of the viewport would've been and the titleblock. This gives us extra, unwanted data.

How can I achieve my goal of having the ability to plot from paperspace with viewports to hone in on my maps, while at the same time mixing it would FDO data that was converted to the database from model space?

*Expert Elite*
9,800 Posts
1,210 Kudos
Post 2 of 2

Re: paper space, model space, headaches with plotting and FDO data.

02-12-2012 01:40 PM in reply to: tmblackflag

Hi,

>> We're using Map 2010 with Mapguide. From model space we've created a bunch of FDO

I think the forum for AutoCAD 2012 (this here) does not fit to Map and not to 2010 :smileywink:

>>>this forum for Map3D<<< may fit better!

And to get the paperspace-entities as large scaled as the modelspace-entities I would see a change with changing the scale-factor within the page-setup to the inverse of the scale-factor assigned to the viewport.

Or insert the exported objects in a new drawing and scale it to fit to the modelspace-objects (command _ALIGN may also help)

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post