Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

panning deselction in viewport

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
builder604
285 Views, 4 Replies

panning deselction in viewport

I have a drawing (second actually) that started deselcting objects in viewports. I tried deleting all hatches.  If i maximize the viewport the objects remain selected.  If I unlock the viewport then the objects remain selected.  Is there a solution for this?  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
builder604
in reply to: builder604

I just tried copying all entities in the drawing to another new drawing and the panning works.  Dont know for how long but it works for now.  One cant keep making new drawings and copying into them. 

Message 3 of 5
builder604

I also found out that if pick 101 or more entities that the entities remain selected when panning even though they are not visibly selected until zooming in or out or executing a command.  so if you select more than 100 entities then they are deselected.

for a temporary work around.  go to options/selection tab and set Object selection limit for display of grips to 1   

if you do that then as long as you select at least 2 entities before panning they will still be selected eventhough not visibly until zooming or initiating a command.  

Hope that helps someone figure out exactly what the problem is.

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

>> even though they are not visibly selected

I'm not sure about the "visibly selected" term, if you mean that grip-points is the mark for "visibly selected" then this is wrong, sorry.

Selected means nothing more then in a selection set and you can see that on the entities with the highlight-effect, in your release that's something like a bit lighter and dashed.

Number of Grip-Points on the objects (and if they are created on display or not) is limited (out of performance reasons) with the setting you showed in the options (or sysvar GRIPOBJLIMIT).

Back to your original question: do just the grip-points disappear or are previouly selected objects really unselected?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
vanessa.hall

This issue is caused by extremely dense hatch patterns. For example, if you using Earth hatch pattern, but the area displays like a solid fill, the hatch scale is most likely too dense for the drawing size. 

Dense Earth hatch pattern appears Solid
Solution
  1. Select the hatch
  2. In the Hatch Editor Ribbon Tab or Properties Palette change the hatch scale. Depending on the pattern definition the scale may need to be increased or decreased. 
  3. If the hatch is meant to display solid, choose the Solid Hatch Pattern. 
Earth hatch pattern with scale 300

If you have many areas of hatch, you may need to sort through each area to determine which is causing the issue. Use the QSELECT and ISOLATE commands to make this search easier. 
  1. Type QSELECT and hit Enter
  2. Choose Object Type "Hatch"
  3. Choose Operator "Select All"
  4. Select "Include in new selection set"
  5. Uncheck  "Append to current selection set"
QSELECT
  1. Right-click and choose Isolate>Isolate Objects
  2. Now only the hatch objects will be visible
  3. Erase a small area of hatch
  4. Right-Click and choose Isolate>End Object Isolation
  5. Open a Layout tab
  6. Activate a viewport, select some objects, and attempt to pan
  7. If the objects are unselected when you attempt to pan, the issue persists
  8. Click or type UNDO until the Erased hatch area returns
  9. Repeat steps 1-13 until the offending area of hatch is found

Vanessa Hall

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost