AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

jabbey
Message 1 of 3 (76 Views)

Palette issue

76 Views, 2 Replies
12-27-2011 01:40 PM

I have loaded 2012 on 5 out 6 machines. No issue. The sixth machine did not load the palettes for some reason. Repair, Reinstall, Uninstall and reload have not fixed it. Can someone explain or tell me how to fix. Thank you in advance for your time.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 3 (75 Views)

Re: Palette issue

12-27-2011 01:45 PM in reply to: jabbey

Hi,

>> The sixth machine did not load the palettes for some reason

What does that mean exactly?

• you get error messages? (if so, which one)
  • you don't see the ribbons? (command _RIBBON does what?)
  • you see spare place for ribbons, but no content? (command _WORKSPACE and activate one?)

You could also try to copy the content of the user-directory (the AutoCAD specific folder) from a functional workstation to the user-dir of the none-functional one. Be careful about file/directory-security!

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
jabbey
Message 3 of 3 (56 Views)

Re: Palette issue

12-28-2011 05:59 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hello Alfred,

Thanks for the reply. The ribbons show as they should and the palettes appear. No error messages are displayed, but they have no tabs associated or any blocks in them. It is like they have lost connectivity. I have copied files from a working machine with no success.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.