AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

zackmcguire914
Message 1 of 2 (354 Views)

Page Setup multiple 11x17 etc. setups

354 Views, 1 Replies
01-25-2013 04:28 AM

I have a copy machine that staples automatically but i dont want it to staple all the time. I made two page setups 1 called toshiba 11x17 and one called 11x17 stapled. However every time i go into the properties for them whatever i do to one effects the other. I just want one to be stapled one to not be stapled and everything else to be identical. How do I accomplish this? Getting aggrivated!

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (317 Views)

Re: Page Setup multiple 11x17 etc. setups

01-26-2013 04:48 AM in reply to: zackmcguire914

Hi,

I guess that you go more deep than AutoCAD saves the settings into a PC3, but therefor it stores the setting within the printer-driver settings instead. To proof that do the following steps:

a) goto Windows control panel ==> printers ==> open this printer-properties (...at least that should be the same dialog you get when modifying the settings from AutoCAD..). Change here to not use "stapled", then close that dialog

b) start AutoCAD, then _PLOT (or _PAGESETUP, or PLOTTERMANAGER), select the plotter and go as deep as before to come to the setting for "stapled" ==> is it off now (I guess yes) ==> turn it ON and close the dialog

c) repeat like in a) to go to the poperties of the printer in Windows, I guess your option for "stapled" is now ON

If I'm right then you can't save this option in a PC3-file for AutoCAD. Therefore create a second printer/plotter in your Windows (that can connect to the same output-device, but has locally a different printer-name). Set the first Windows-printer to set the "staple"-option to ON, the other printer to "OFF".

Within AutoCAD you can then use one PC3 for the first Windows-printer, another PC3 for the second printer.

HTH, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.