AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
gfields2012
Message 1 of 2 (144 Views)

Page Setup Layout 09 to 2012

144 Views, 1 Replies
05-02-2012 01:29 PM

Hello All,

We have just upgraded from 2009 to 2012. Also have merged with a New company that did use xrefernces for there title blocks and we did, and now i am trying to solve how to use there borders to create new page layouts.

Our page setups that we had in 2009 were created by a former employee that is longer with the company.

How we typically started a border/ sheet. We have a separate drawing file that has in model space a 24x36 border with our info that we want repeated on all our sheets.

Now that we are in 2012;

The layout tap is a weird size and the 'layout black area' does not match when I import that 24x36 boarder file. The black area does not line up with "0,0,0" and that is what I and trying to figure out how to i make the black area of the layout start at 0,0,0 and be 24x36.

the picture i attached shows 0,0,0 and the 2 borders over layed

the green box is 24x36

the blue box is the new border which is ment to be sent within the 24x36

and the brownish red box is the old border and layout and what we used to use.

Thanks

and hopefully not to confusing.

gf

*Expert Elite*
MarySeufert
Message 2 of 2 (131 Views)

Re: Page Setup Layout 09 to 2012

05-02-2012 03:20 PM in reply to: gfields2012

Modify or create a new page setup. In page setup dialog box, under plot area -> 'What to plot' pulldown, select either window or extents, and check center the plot. If you use Window option you will be propted to select two points, enter 0,0 then 36,24. If you use extents, make sure there are no objects outside of the green box. Then apply the changes to your current layout. ~ Mary

Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.