AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 11 of 12 (128 Views)

Re: Online Services and Exchange - Am I missing the point?

01-18-2012 07:39 AM in reply to: Julesagainn

The state of premium graphics applications UI, in not just AutoCAD, is such that the days of using a single monitor are coming to a close. If you are not on multiple screens you are doomed to continuously turning on and off floating bars, tabs, and windows.

This is not to deflect the criticism that Exchange should be user-resized as needed to whatever size required, that's a missing development that needs to be addressed (most likely will never happen in R2012).

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Valued Contributor
Julesagainn
Message 12 of 12 (111 Views)

Re: Online Services and Exchange - Am I missing the point?

01-25-2012 07:52 AM in reply to: Julesagainn

Found it! Totally by accident.

To turn OFF the internal Acad Help browser, go to Tools, Options, System, and uncheck the "Access online content" box. You can check either default or IE, you'll get the local files. The online links won't show up on the right, but that's a small price to pay for getting that &@(#$* internal browser out of my face. And I can just click the bookmark any time to get here anyway, or to AUGI.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!