Users: Windows 7, AutoCad 2011 update 2 applied
Windows Server 2008 r2
Data stored on a network share
Network licenses on a separate server
My problem started when we moved all of the users data to a new Windows 2008 r2 server. Searching and file navigation was slow so we turned on Windows Search service. Greatly improved network searches (users do content as well as file name searches).
Then Autocad started having errors when trying to save or create dwf files. The error "One or more objects in the drawing cannot be saved to the specified format. The operation was not completed and no file was created." Users can save the drawing to the local drive without the error.
Turning search off corrects the save issue but also slows searches .
Know of a way to accommodate both?
Curious ! Are you using only AutoCAD ou AutoCAD LT ?
For example have you some AutoCAD MAP ou AutoCAD CIVIL running too ?
Because with MAP or CIVIL and the drawings Group and the Lock Feature at the entity level
some strange things could append in a mix environment ...
That's a file content error and has little to do with moving files from one server to another. Someone somewhere opened or is using AutoCAD 2013, or you received files from someone using R2013 and/or a vertical version of AutoCAD.
AEC content in a file will do that if you are running an AutoCAD version not able to create/edit them.
Everyone's settings are the same. Save as: AutoCad 2007/LT drawing.
The problem goes away when we turn off indexing (Windows search service) on the Windows 208 r2 server
I do have the exact same problem. When I stop the Windows Search service on our Windows Server 2008 R2, no more error messages appear. Is there a solution for this problem, as we do want to enable the Windows Search service for indexing.
There appear to be several obscure posted fixes I found through a Google search, and one specific for one of you in this thread, here is the first of many:
Help yourself to the others if that's not it.