Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Objects only showing in White

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
asimonen
625 Views, 4 Replies

Objects only showing in White

I've recently started having a problem where some objects that I edit or insert, such as blocks, only show in white. The photo I show is an example. I recently used viewport clip in order to add in the detail shown on the top right, and when I did so, the viewport went white, and it has since not changed. It is supposed to show in yellow, as shown with the other viewports. When I change to "bylayer" it is white, and when I manually change it, it stays white. As shown, I've changed it manually to cyan, and it remains white. 

I think this may be an obsucre system variable problem, but I'm not sure where to start.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: asimonen

Have you tried Auditing the drawing?
Was a polyline used for the Vpclip?
If so was polyline on the same xref layer?
Try Match Properties first selecting a working vp and then the problem vp.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
nestly2

Welcome to the AutoCAD forums.

My limited experience with VPCLIP is that the clipped viewport will inherit the color of the layer that's current when the viewport is clipped.  The color seems to be "permanent" as overriding the color, or even changing the VP layer seems to have no affect.  Try making your VP layer current, then clip the Viewport again.

*edit*  Actually MATCHPROP does seem to work as Jay suggested.

Message 4 of 5
GrantsPirate

When you clip the vport you will end up with a viewport and a pline tied to one another, select them both with a crossing window and change them both to the layer you want, and make sure the color is set for bylayer since you may have changed that.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 5 of 5
doni49
in reply to: GrantsPirate

That might help with the viewport problem.  But since this is happening with other elements as well (re-read the first sentence of the first post), I suspect maybe not.

OP:  can you post your dwg file?

Is this happing with basic lines too?   When it happens, is it every element you place?  Does it eventually start working again (either by correctly showing the ones that WERE incorrect or by placing future elements correctly)?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost