AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

qcwjeff
Message 1 of 4 (110 Views)

Objects between layouts associated

110 Views, 3 Replies
01-15-2013 08:07 PM

I am doing a series of very simple drawings with just a few drawing entities, dimensions and a few notes. Each drawing differs only slightly from the previous and thus I am just copying the layout tab, renaming it and making a few quick changes.  The problem I'm encountering is that when a modify (stretch) entites on the new/copied layout tab, the changes are also being made on the original layout tab. Is this something that is in a setting or is this a bug in the program. Please help, thank you.

Mentor
Nik-D
Message 2 of 4 (100 Views)

Re: Objects between layouts associated

01-16-2013 03:00 AM in reply to: qcwjeff

Are you drawing in modal space or paper space?

If you are drawing in model space and each tab references the same set of drawing objects, then each time you change those entities it will be reflected in every tab than 'looks' at those objects. However if you are copying the objects to a new part of the drawing and then changing them slightly, you need to make sure that your new tab looks at the new objects and not the old objects. Hope this is clear

qcwjeff
Message 3 of 4 (93 Views)

01-16-2013 05:43 AM in reply to: Nik-D

I am doing all drawing in paperspace, the drawings are so simple that creating entities in modelspace then creating vieworts actually takes longer. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "looks" at the correct objects. What I do with these particular drawings is do the first one from scratch, then right click on the layout tab and copy it. Then make modifications to the entities drawn on the new layout tab (this is where its stretching object on 2 layout tabs at once). Does that make sense?

Mentor
Nik-D
Message 4 of 4 (79 Views)

01-16-2013 01:35 PM in reply to: qcwjeff

Does this happen on all the copied tabs or only some of them?

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.