Did you mean: 

object enabler

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
laser94
1062 Views, 8 Replies

object enabler

I have several drawings that originated in AutoCADLT 2011. They were saved down to AutoCAD 2004. Now we are bringing them up to AutoCAD 2012. I am having problems with notes with leaders. They are coming in very large. Is there something that can be done about this?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
laser94
in reply to: laser94

when I open one of the drawings, the message says something about acdgnls, aecarchbase70, & architectural desktop 2007. hope this helps for getting an answer.

Message 3 of 9
Patchy

Upload the file saved in 2004, let's see why.

Message 4 of 9
laser94
in reply to: Patchy

actually now that we have the drawing, it is saved as 2007, but we are using 2012 now.

Message 5 of 9
laser94
in reply to: Patchy

actually now that we have the drawing, it is saved as 2007, but we are using 2012 now.

Message 6 of 9
Patchy

I don't have access to 2012 to test your drawings at this time, but you can try different number for SAVEFIDELITY and give it a test.

I don't think object enabler causes the text to be bigger.

Message 7 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

not sure, but >>>that hotfix<<< might help.

If not, open the drawing, run command -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD and create a new file from the existing one, after that check this new file if you can continue with that.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 8 of 9
nestly2

I think Patchy's reference to SAVEFIDELITY is likely the source of the problem.

Assuming the objects were originally annotative (and had multiple scales) when created in AutoCAD2011, if they were saved down to AutoCAD2007 or earlier drawing format without SAVEFIDELITY enabled, the alternate scales would have been lost.  If the drawing was saved down to AutoCAD2007 or earlier drawing format with SAVEFIDELITY enabled, addtional layers would have been created for each annotative scale, which would have caused the text to appear correctly in each layout/viewport  and the drawing would support "round-tripped" back up to versions with their annotative properties still intact.

So I'm not sure whether SAVEFIDELITY was disabled, or whether an AutoCAD2004-2007 user may have deleted the extra layers, but I don't think there's much you can do about it at this point except to manually change the size/scale/position of the objects.

Am I correct to assume that all the Layouts that are 1/2" = 1'-0" are OK, it's just the other scales that the text/mleaders are too large.  If not, can you post a screenshot showing what's not the correct size and noting which layout it's from.

Message 9 of 9
laser94
in reply to: nestly2

It seems you are correct, some of the drawings are ok. I didn't realize that at first. Since the original 2011 drawing would have to be saved back down or saved to version 2011, I am in the process of manually changing the leader texts. I do not know how many changes have been made since the original and the version 2012. I was hoping for an easier fix. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost