AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Contributor ipi
Valued Contributor
ipi
Message 11 of 31 (942 Views)

Re: No Snap when No Command Active??

05-14-2011 06:50 AM in reply to: jerry.ford

Boo!  I, too, do not like not being able to cruise around my drawing and insopect the element of the drawing using my snap setting.  please log my vote to add an option to run snap in either mode.

David Hassan

IP Illustration
www.ipillustration.com
sbanister
Message 12 of 31 (920 Views)

05-16-2011 03:38 AM in reply to: JEeten

I agree completely that the 'old' snap behaviour must be available. I used the snap to check the alignment of objects within my drawings, it was very useful to check the 'Y' coordinate for many objects/items.

This spoils an otherwise quite good product. Autodesk, please sort it

Simon

England

Active Contributor
elprim
Message 13 of 31 (902 Views)

05-17-2011 02:50 AM in reply to: JEeten

Hi,

Have someone idea what to do, when by active command isn't activated snap.

As a acade user, I tray to use Multiple wire bus - Another bus, and by this command

snap isn't activated and isn't possible to start from right position

Regards, Vito

PS I use acad for other work too, and I'm not happy that there is no way to get old SNAP

Kind regards, Vito
Armaline1
Message 14 of 31 (855 Views)

05-23-2011 05:07 PM in reply to: sbanister

I also agree that this is a very important feature that a lot of us use and it seems Autodesk in their own wisdom have removed it.

I require the crosshairs to snap or bounce when the snap is active.

This could be added as an extra setting to snapmode or similar.

Hope this is resolved in SP1 as I am reverting to 2011 to it is fixed.

Seems a waste of a subscription to me!!

Contributor
jcs1112
Message 15 of 31 (808 Views)

06-08-2011 12:29 PM in reply to: JEeten

I have also used snap in this fashion for quite a long time since release 10 way back when in college days, this needs to

be corrected if possible as a hotfix.  It is extremely irritating to have to enter a command first to simply check a line-up,

I have to stream line and keep things simple guys as I'm on a tight schedule (as I'm sure many others are)

We need to be able to goto straight from A to B .  Not goto A then have to goto C D E F before I get to goto B.

Just my 2 cents.  Thanks for listening to us.

Mentor
balisteor
Message 16 of 31 (780 Views)

06-13-2011 09:53 AM in reply to: JEeten

I thought this was a bug. Guess its a new feature.

Our office is also unhappy about this.  If there is somewhere else to complain about this and get this fixed a link to such a place would be great, and perhaps we can all get this changed. Guess its time to become an AUGI member.

Distinguished Contributor
RFUSE
Message 17 of 31 (749 Views)

06-21-2011 06:14 PM in reply to: JEeten

I'll add my vote to BRING IT BACK!!

I thought at first some setting changed.  Now I see it's Autodesk that made the change without a way to maintain the snap as it was!

It seems subscription is becoming a waste of money as most of the "improvements" go to other platforms or, like this, mess up basic Autocad. 

Bring it BACK!

R

rhomeier
Message 18 of 31 (679 Views)

07-26-2011 08:45 AM in reply to: RFUSE

I agree everyone else, bring back the ability to toggle SNAP Mode On and Off. I don't mind having it turn off automatically when exiting a command, but I would like the option to toggle it back on when I'm checking to see if things are lined up or evenly spaced.

Autodesk needs to understand that most electrical folks are a bit meticulous, if not a tad OCD, but it's what makes us good at our jobs. Everything has to be straight, neat and even!

rclem
Message 19 of 31 (641 Views)

08-09-2011 08:34 AM in reply to: rhomeier

I vote to BRING IT BACK!!!!

ScottSmith3420
Message 20 of 31 (602 Views)

08-23-2011 06:59 AM in reply to: JEeten

There definitely should be an override, especially in AutoCAD Electrical. A lot of commands are derived from right-clicking on an object or wire. If I right-click on a wire to move a wire number I want it to snap to a grid point so I can align multiple wire numbers at that same snap grid. The first wire number move does appear to to land on a snap point, but because the wire number move command remains active, any subsequent moves are just random points  Yes, I know about the align command, but that means having to quit the current move command and then start the align command. This is NOT being productive. And, this demonstrates that snap does not always turn on when a command is active. Hitting F9 while in the wire number move command does not turn snap on and off.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.