AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Distinguished Contributor
damo3
Message 1 of 8 (2,016 Views)

no pdf prompt anymore when publishing???

2016 Views, 7 Replies
05-31-2010 07:58 PM
has something changed in 2011 controlling prompts to save pdfs when publishing from sheetset manager?? im using page overrides, which uses dwg to pdf.pc3 file. it publishes but no prompt for file name. i have checked the sheetset publish options and it is set to multiple & prompt for file name, however it still doesnt prompt and saves it in the folder nominated. where else is this controlled?? thanks for any help in advance...
damo3
Message 2 of 8 (2,015 Views)

Re: no pdf prompt anymore when publishing???

05-31-2010 09:15 PM in reply to: damo3
works when i select two or more sheets in the ssm and publish... i get the pdf prompt to save and name. when i publish a single sheet, its saves itself in a location nominated in sheet set publish options. im sure it never use to do this... any ideas???

Edited by: cadboy3 on Jun 2, 2010 9:32 AM Edited by: cadboy3 on Jun 2, 2010 9:33 AM
smelingonis
Message 3 of 8 (1,967 Views)

07-08-2010 09:16 AM in reply to: damo3

Solved! - seemingly.

In the 'Publish' dialogue box...

...under 'Publish to' (upper left corner) -> select "PDF" if it is an option.  This will bring up the file name and save location prompt when you publish.

I had a similar problem when publishing a multi-sheet DWF.  I have found that when I leave the 'Publish to' field as 'Plotter named in page setup', the name and location prompt does not come up when I publish.

As a general rule - always remember that:

1) if you want to publish a multi-sheet DWF - the publishcollate system variable must be set to 1.  The single-sheet / multi-sheet seeting in the 'Sheet Set Publish Options' dialogue box will not override this system variable.

2) ...likewise...if you want to publish a single-sheet DWF - the publishcollate system variable must be set to 0.

3) 'Prompt for name' only seems to work if you 'Publish to' any other option except 'Plotter named in page setup'.

4) In the sheet list of the Publish Dialogue box, using 'Psge Steup' "<Default: None>" will use the plot settings of each individual sheet, BUT, publish them as the format you selected in the 'Publish to' selection you made in the upper left corner.

5) Changing the 'Page setup' to something else will overide the sheet's current plot settings to use what you have specified here, BUT, publish them as the format you selected in the 'Publish to' selection you made in the upper left corner.

Hope this is all clear.  And by the way - all the above settings are pertaining to the Publish dialogue box.

Good luck!

damo3
Message 4 of 8 (1,886 Views)

08-15-2010 10:38 PM in reply to: smelingonis

Thanks mate. but unfortunately i tried changing it to PDF. trying to publish one sheet results in no file saving prompt. it just stores it in the location specified. regardless of the combination of settings it seems. We don't use DWF.

bpike
Message 5 of 8 (1,384 Views)

08-01-2011 08:38 AM in reply to: damo3

I'd like to give this thread a bump. Having the same issue in AutoCAD Architecture 2012. Any solutions? I'd settle for a reason why we don't get the option to prompt for file name when creatign a one sheet PDF.

Thanks!

jkg
jkg
Message 6 of 8 (976 Views)

11-29-2012 02:48 PM in reply to: damo3

I'm using ACA 2012 and have been for quite some time. I had no problems until this week. Now I have the same publish issue described. It's been working fine until over the holiday weekend something changed???

cody19
Message 7 of 8 (871 Views)

Re: no PDF prompt anymore when publishing???

01-23-2013 11:25 AM in reply to: jkg

I am having a similar situation where everything was working fine until last week. Now, when using page setup overrides from sheet set, there is seemingly no way to prompt for a save location or name once the PDF is created.

AutoCAD420guy
Message 8 of 8 (273 Views)

04-17-2014 09:05 PM in reply to: damo3

I have had this problem for a while, but it was only intermittent and varied from project to project yet with the same pagesetup.
It turned out to be one little thing, the PMP file was not linked to the pagesetup that was not working.

In pagesetup dialog box:

select the pagesetup
select Modify... button

in the Printer/Plotter section:

select Propeties button

device and document settings tab:

under User-defined Paper Sizes & Calibration, verify that the PMP File Name is linked.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.