Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network License Monitoring Software

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
976 Views, 15 Replies

Network License Monitoring Software

Is there a software that can be installed to let network users know who has the network licenses in use when they attempt to start AutoCAD? I thought there was something that could be used on the server, or possible on the computers connected to the server.

Bascially, my network users would like to know who is working on the network licenses when there aren't any remaining so they can see if they are actively using the software and can kick them off.

Thanks.
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You can only do that on the machine that has the network license manager on it. Otherwise I just ask who is using Raster, if they have it loaded but aren't using it all they have to do is type IUNLOAD and that will free up a license for you.
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous

I looked at the LMT tools software that I installed on the server, but I didn't see where you could see who had the licenses in use. Where can this be found?

Also, what do you mean by who is using "Raster?"
Message 4 of 16
JeffPaulsen

Open the LMTools Utility.
On the Service/License File tab select the Autodesk service (if you have more than one).
On the Server Status tab pick Perform Status Inquiry.
Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous

That worked.

Next question... is it possible to make this information available to all members of the office without having them log into our server?
Message 6 of 16
JeffPaulsen

I do not know of a way to share this with everyone. We usually send an email to everyone and ask them to close the software if they are not using it.
Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 7 of 16
Mike.Lapinski.SG

It's a third product, but JTB FlexReport can be used to accomplish this and many other things related to licensing usage tracking. One nice thing it does is it creates an HTM file that is a timed snapshot of Flex licenses in use by product and user names. With a little work this HTM file could automatically get posted to an intranet site for staff to view.

http://www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport/index.htm
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous

OpenLM is a 3rd party tool that enables end users to fend for their licenses; 

It tracks the usage of concurrent licenses, and provides a mirror view for end users. That way users can see who's got the licenses they need and what their contact details are.

Also, in case of license denial, the end user can be notified when a license has become vacant.

Ori Kaplan

http://www.openlm.com

Message 9 of 16
dgorsman

Would you mind not spamming the boards with advertisements?  There is a classifieds forum for such things: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Classifieds/bd-p/119

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 10 of 16
TravisNave

@Anonymous wrote:
That worked.

Next question... is it possible to make this information available to all members of the office without having them log into our server?

You can put LMTOOLS on the client machines and they can perform status enquiries remotely.  Instead of service, use license file and in the box put 27000@servername (where servername is your hostname.)

You might want to set restrictions at the server to keep them from doing anything else though.  You can also create a script with the lmutil to do the same thing.  I have that posted somewhere here...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 11 of 16
chriswade
in reply to: dgorsman

There is no spam shown, people referenced products that are related to this thread, I would not want to try to search the classified section for that information.

Message 12 of 16
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: chriswade

@chriswade

First you responded to a 5 year old posting..  Smiley LOL

And secondly this is considered spam (as @dgorsman pointed out 5 years ago) due to the rules of the forum.   Meaning the person who recommended that 3rd party app actually works for the company (link provided) and they are not allowed to promote or sale their product on any Autodesk forums when there's cost associated to it.   IF all their product line was free they could offer it as a suggestion.  Or if you suggested it, it would be fine..

See ground rule #8 https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-faq/etiquette-and-ground-rules/td-p/5384757

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 13 of 16
dgorsman
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Usually I would let individual posts lie where they are, so this was probably a case of posting the same thing to multiple threads and/or boards.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 14 of 16
chriswade
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I disagree, as it is useful and relates to the subject, why should it matter if they work for the company or not? This does not equate to a sales or marketing effort, there are simply mentioning a product which they may or may not have an affiliation with. They aren't out there saying this is the only option or that other options are bad. I would understand if they were making negative comments about competitors in the thread, but no, they simply offered a perfectly valid solution, which does not a marketing effort make.

And so what if it is an old thread? It is still a valid thread since Autodesk still does not provide this basic functionality that they should have added years ago.

Message 15 of 16
chriswade
in reply to: dgorsman

Now that I could see, but the other response wouldn't make any sense to me, as this is relevant to this thread and honestly, I wouldn't have found the right solution without the post you commented on, as it led me in the right direction, which is why the post calling it spam annoyed me so much, as I would still be wasting my time looking if the "spam" message wasn't there.

Message 16 of 16
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: chriswade

@chriswade

Yes you have a point and I have one as well.  I'm not disagreeing with you that the product may be helpful to you or others..  I was merely pointing out a reason why @dgorsman may have written that and you said its not spam.   So I was indicating or clarifying what is considered spam on these forums.  Granted this posting started 5 years ago and @dgorsman probably had another reason why they stated that, but..  Just because you disagree (and you have the right to do that) with me (or others) doesn't mean its not considered SPAM due to forum rules.  Users now have the right to indicate forum postings as SPAM where-as years ago we didn't.   Anyhow thanks for the conversation and have a great day..  And by the way, its SPAM..  Smiley LOL

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report