Nested XREF unable to be changed

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ktaylor3525
19468 Views, 3 Replies

Nested XREF unable to be changed

Hi, 

I am working on modifying an older drawing in which there are 3 nested XREFs that do not load upon opening. It is because the saved path references a drive my company no longer has. This makes it impossible for me to open up the drawings from where they are sourced. If I updated the references via the 'Found At' option, it loads into the drawing but after saving and reopening the file, it still references from the old path and therefore, cannot be found. I have also tried unloading and reattaching with the new file path- which also until I close and reopen the drawing.

Another option I tried was to create a new drawing containing the XREFs that I need referenced and insert that, while detaching all the corrupt references. For some reason, the drawing chooses not to see the new XREF I try to insert.

Is there anyway to prevent me from having to update the XREFs everytime I open these drawings?

I hope this question makes sense. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: ktaylor3525

Try the External Application "Reference Manager"  which will repath xref's.

Start Menu>All Programs>Autodesk>AutoCad version>Reference Manager.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
ktaylor3525
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks so much! Had no idea this even existed, shows what a newbie I am. Thanks again!
Message 4 of 4

Thanks.

This solution worked for me. 

Just a side note, make sure the drawing you're trying to edit in the Reference Manager is closed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost