jzq740176597
Message 1 of 2 (1,177 Views)
Accepted Solution

Need a tool to convert latest version dwg to version dwg2000

1177 Views, 1 Replies
11-03-2011 03:17 AM

Hi all;

but DWG TrueView cann't help!

I'm a developer based AutoCAD using ObjectARX,We normally first develop using VC6,when It works well in CAD2002 ,then We use other VC version to compile other versions for CAD2004~2012.

So We have become accustomed to test and debug with our own Software in CAD2002,VC6.And almost every developer in our company have setted in our software when Double-Click the start-Icon will start up CAD2002 platform.

unfortunately,Our consumers feed back bugs by senting us dwg file with varying versions from dwg04~dwg2010.but almost cann't be opened directly with our debug platform CAD2002.

Because as that time,the latest version of our software haven't been compiled to Up-version CAD,It's only latest in CAD2002 by VC6.

We are very distressed about that! Because I have to start up CAD2012 to open the  receiving dwg ,save to dwg2000. Open our software again in CAD2002 ,and open the converted file again.

Oh My God!!!

I receive feedback 10 times a day,I must to do this procedure 10 times.

I have searched the website,Only solution so far is DWG TrueView,I download it down and install it,but why I say it cann't help me:Just because the dwg file from the customer of our software depend on our customized Entity in our own Arx core.

But the DWG TrueView cann't load arx to support it,so a major part of dwg cann't be  displayed normally.So the converted file is left only several lines.So the converted file doesn't make sense for us!

This problem is crucial for us!The tedious work waste most of time for working!If the Autodesk cann't do it then there's none.

So really hope Autodesk support team can find a good solution!

regards

Jia

"... our software depend on our customized Entity in our own Arx core..."

That would be a problem, since Autodesk does not have access to your custom type it's OOTB program cannot translate them. Interesting that you thought it could though.

Are your objects explodable? Or can they be viewed as PROXYOBJECTS in lower versions (if all your customers set those variables correctly before swapping files)?

Are you using the SAVEAS or the Conversion down tool (which destroys ARX objects back to the core entities)? You do know that not even Autodesk's AEC custom objects save between DWG formats, they either appear as PROXYOBJECTS or are exploded into basic elements to migrate to lower DWG formats.

Perhaps you need to post in the Autodesk ObjectARX Customization Forum instead of here:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-ObjectARX/bd-p/34

Realize this is peer support for the most part, for Autodesk support I suspect you must pay your Developer fees first to get it direct from them:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=472012&siteID=123112

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 2 (1,164 Views)

Re: Need a tool to convert latest version dwg to version dwg2000

11-03-2011 07:24 AM in reply to: jzq740176597

"... our software depend on our customized Entity in our own Arx core..."

That would be a problem, since Autodesk does not have access to your custom type it's OOTB program cannot translate them. Interesting that you thought it could though.

Are your objects explodable? Or can they be viewed as PROXYOBJECTS in lower versions (if all your customers set those variables correctly before swapping files)?

Are you using the SAVEAS or the Conversion down tool (which destroys ARX objects back to the core entities)? You do know that not even Autodesk's AEC custom objects save between DWG formats, they either appear as PROXYOBJECTS or are exploded into basic elements to migrate to lower DWG formats.

Perhaps you need to post in the Autodesk ObjectARX Customization Forum instead of here:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-ObjectARX/bd-p/34

Realize this is peer support for the most part, for Autodesk support I suspect you must pay your Developer fees first to get it direct from them:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=472012&siteID=123112

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.