AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

BasiekF
Message 1 of 2 (149 Views)

My Autocad open like few diferent apps but than there is only one process...

149 Views, 1 Replies
12-11-2012 07:03 PM

My Autocad opens like few apps (see attachment) and than there is only one process. Nevertheless the process ocupy much space: The sample is for 2d 13.878 KB file. My cad goes really slow and my laptop has 4GB RAM and the system is 64bits Windows 7...

If somebody has a clue what happens thanks a lot for help!

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (137 Views)

Re: My Autocad open like few diferent apps but than there is only one process...

12-11-2012 10:08 PM in reply to: BasiekF

Hi,

>> and than there is only one process. Nevertheless the process ocupy much space

To show how much memory is used by this task you should have shown us the "process"-side from the taskmanager :smileywink:

>> The sample is for 2d 13.878 KB file. My cad goes really slow

Well, it could be there are references used like images or xrefs, or you have a quite good structure used with blocks, so the drawing-filesize is small, but it shows a lot of geometry. E.g. I did a sample drawing having less than 100k, but you can't open it on a 4GB/32bit workstation because of it's memory usage.

The most important question now is what exactly do you mean by "cad goes really slow"? What is slow? Cursor hangs, object-selection, object-snaps, loading the drawing, saving the drawing, ...

The other question is: what os do you have and what hardware (processor, memory, graphic card, ..)

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!