Multiple views, diff sizes

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
doni49
234 Views, 3 Replies

Multiple views, diff sizes

@AllenJessup,

I just came across your post in an old thread. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Multiple-Windows-of-the-same-drawings/m-p/489...

You showed the following screen shot.  Are you working on a layout tab or in Modelspace?  If Modelspace, how'd you resize your views like that?

AllenJessupMultView.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AllenJessup
in reply to: doni49

Modelspace. It's a process. A little difficult to explain. The main trick is the use of:

Command: -VPORTS

Enter an option [Save/Restore/Delete/Join/SIngle/?/2/3/4/Toggle/MOde] <3>:

I create multiple viewports by breaking apart larger ones. I usually do this by setting the Apply to: field in the Viewports dialog box to Current Viewport

vv.PNG

Then when I have it about right I use the Join option on the command line (shown above). In the example. The upper right viewport on the left hand screen would have been created by joining (probably) 4 viewports. Maybe 3 - I don't quite remember. I then save the viewport configuration so if I lose it I can reset it without all the work.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
doni49
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thanks!  That's going to open up lots of possibilities for me!  I've known about breaking one view into smaller ones but I've never noticed the JOIN option.

NICE!

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 4
AllenJessup
in reply to: doni49

As you see. They never migrated it from the command line to the dialog box. I was just familiar with the command line.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost