AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

dlsullivan65
Message 1 of 1 (763 Views)

Multiple Entity Stretch vs Multiple Object Stretch

763 Views, 0 Replies
01-18-2013 05:49 AM

I have been working with AutoCAD since version R11.  In R14 the express tools had an extremely usefull tool for the work I was doing (multiple entity stretch) and continued to work I believe until 2000i, maybe even later.  I am now working in 2010 and the command is called multiple object stretch.  Unfortunately the name change came with an operation change and is no longer useful for my purposes.

I'll explain an example of my use.  Working in stone panels for facades you typically place slots in the top and bottom edges of the panels at quarter points for "L" shaped anchors.  I would represent these on an elevation with 1 1/4" deep by 3" long rectangles.  As panels come in many different sizes, slots would need to be adjusted to keep at quarter points when creating shop drwings.

Say you had a 4'-0" panel, you would center your slots at 1'-0" from either side, making your running string of dimensions; 1'-0", 2'-0", 1'-0".

Now I need to create a 4'-8" panel, which entails copying and lengthening my 4'-0" panel by 8 inches, as well as spreding my slots 2 inches each.  Using "Multiple Entity Stretch" I could draw 4 crossing windows starting well outside the right side of the panel with one on either side of the panel between the slots and the panel edges and 2 ending between the slots (see attached visual sample), then typing in 2" for my stretch distance and my panel would be correct with a running string of 1'-2", 2'-4", 1'-2".

Multiple Object Stretch no longer works this way and it is very frustrating.  Now it ends up stretching my slots and and streching randomly.  I used this tool continuously for 4 years, day in and day out and it was one of my biggest time savers.  Now I must initiate the strecth command 4 times to do the same thing.

Is there any place I can get this tool from, or the macro language from it so I can create my own?

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.